Replacement for the Canon XF305 around the corner [CR1]

Apr 29, 2012
Just a friendly amendment: the Gh5/5s do not have built-in ND filter and XLR unit is optional. Putting the AF issues aside, they are very capable small sensor cameras with lots of features that video-graphers like to have.

Try reading again... They refers to every Cinema EOS camera made (which have built in NDs and XLRs), not the GH5 (which does not). The GH5 and BMPCC4k are very capable small senor cameras so long as you have a range of accessories that come built into cinema cameras, dont need AF, and so long as you have good light. That means they do not compete with the Cinema EOS line, FS5/7 or EVA1, and its part of why they are priced differently.

Upvote 0
Try reading again... They refers to every Cinema EOS camera made (which have built in NDs and XLRs), not the GH5 (which does not). The GH5 and BMPCC4k are very capable small senor cameras so long as you have a range of accessories that come built into cinema cameras, dont need AF, and so long as you have good light. That means they do not compete with the Cinema EOS line, FS5/7 or EVA1, and its part of why they are priced differently.
Sorry I misread your post! I must have been sleepy!
I totally agree with your point.

Upvote 0