Reptiles and Amphibians

Fiji banded iguana (Brachylophus fasciatus) captured with R5 an 70-200/4 in the Vienna Zoo (Schönbrunn).
Although behind glass, I am quite happy with the result.
Fijian iguanas are tree dwellers that are found only in the South Pacific on the island groups of Fiji, Tonga and the New Hebrides. The radical destruction of the rainforests and the introduction of rats and domestic cats brought the species to the brink of extinction. Along with the San Diego Zoo, the Vienna Zoo is the only zoo in the world that succeeded in breeding these lizards in 2007. Incidentally, these iguanas can change their color. When excited, they darken their green color.
CR_IL0A1284.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
LOL
icon_lol.gif
Thank you, Del Paso.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
You are, definitely.

Great topic :ROFLMAO: maybe worth another thread:
Vote for CRs friendliest member :LOL:

I like you all, thank you (y)
When there is little excitement about cameras/lenses and when the birdies and critters are in short supply, threads do go in strange directions! It would be no contest, Click would take it and then Donald would claim it was rigged.;)

Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
First frog of the 2022 season. First it was too dry for them, now it is too cold for them.
Conservationist said lately they were counting just 25% of them during their annual migration to the spawning grounds.
This one was only willing to show me his back before it jumped away.

20220326_0129.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
First frog of the 2022 season. First it was too dry for them, now it is too cold for them.
Conservationist said lately they were counting just 25% of them during their annual migration to the spawning grounds.
It seems they've returned now. The numbers at the ponds are increasing.
Maybe this is the same one again but i also saw several others.

20220418_0003.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0