RLPhotos Computer upgrade 2013

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
Awesome PC RLPhoto - that should last you for a few years :)

I used to build my PC's too, but ended up getting tired of "building - dinking with" and ended up purchasing refurbished workstations. I found myself always trying to keep up with the Jones' regarding CPU, RAM and Video Card and ended up tinkering more than using the PC.

HP has a refurb program called HP remarketing where you can get their business products (not consumer) for a good price if you shop the site regularly. For those interested - just google HP remarketing. Their business products hold up real well - my first workstation is 10 years old and is still kicking. My second is pushing 5 years old and still holds its own. I could dump some money into it to improve the performance ( which is nowhere where you guys are at right now - my geekbench score was 1816 with a multiprocessor of 7054), but there's a point where the PC is limited and additional hardware won't help you.

Damn you...now I have PC G.A.S..... ;D

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
mackguyver said:
Well, mine's not quite on the same level, but not too bad given that I only spent about $500 on my upgrade - new Mobo, CPU, and PSU. Too bad the 64-bit test won't work in the trial mode.

That's a great score. Per core, if you had a 6-core machine, would be right around 21,000 pts.

Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
mackguyver said:
Well, mine's not quite on the same level, but not too bad given that I only spent about $500 on my upgrade - new Mobo, CPU, and PSU. Too bad the 64-bit test won't work in the trial mode.

That's a great score. Per core, if you had a 6-core machine, would be right around 21,000 pts.
Thanks and I'm really pleased with it. The only downfall is that my ancient laptop now seems so slow, I'm ready to throw it out the window!

Upvote 0

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
mackguyver said:
RLPhoto said:
mackguyver said:

Thanks and I'm really pleased with it. The only downfall is that my ancient laptop now seems so slow, I'm ready to throw it out the window!

Time to upgrade - it's the never ending battle :)

Upvote 0