Second Portrait Shoot Ever!

Hey everyone,

So last week I posted my first portrait shoot, that thread can be found about 5 posts down, and tonight I posted on Flickr my second portrait shoot. These two girls were my coworkers. I originally intended to only shoot Ashley, the one in the black dress. However, Kerine with the long brown hair hopped in at the last minute as well. All around I am mostly happy with how they came out. But Kerine was definitely more comfortable in front of the camera. Let me know what you think and any tips!!! Thanks! Also, these were shot with a rebel t3i and 50mm 1.8

http://www.flickr.com/photos/logan_hickle/sets/72157631780761342/

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
Everything is technically correct but the posing could be tweaked a bit.

1. Have the subject smile or close they're mouth completely. A partially open mouth usually doesn't look good IMO.

2. Never have someone lock they're knee back, it destroys posture.

3. Have your subject look to the ground, then back at you and take the photo at that moment. This will allow a true expression of the person.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips and information!

RLPhoto:

-I will try having them close their mouth fully. I have tried it a few times and it looks to forced but I will try again. Might have just been that person.
-I was trying to catch their knee as much as I could. Missed a few times. I also hate the look it creates all together. And elbows. My first shoot, with elbows locked out her arms looked weird. So definitely watching the angles.
-Definitely seen that technique of looking away and then back at the camera. Also seen it with hair and props. Never put it into use yet though. Definitely need to though.

Upvote 0