SIGMA announces the “SIGMA fp L,” the world’s smallest and lightest* single-lens mirrorless camera

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Ronkonkoma, NY – March 25, 2021 – Today, SIGMA Corporation introduces the SIGMA fp L, the world’s smallest and lightest 61-megapixel full-frame mirrorless camera.  Built with the same dimensions and rigorous attention to detail as the currently-available SIGMA fp, this new camera offers a high-resolution image sensor, an improved hybrid autofocus system, continuous power capability, and several additional in-camera features that make it an exceptional tool for demanding photographers and video creators.
“The SIGMA fp is one of the most innovative cameras available today, and the new fp L brings even more to the table,” says SIGMA America President Mark Amir-Hamzeh.  “It offers incredibly high resolution in an extremely small body, compatibility with an extensive library of lenses, limitless customizability, and the rock-solid build quality that professionals have come to expect from SIGMA.”...

Continue reading...

Jun 27, 2013
Pune

A big canvas for big moments​

• Back-illuminated 35mm full size effective approx. 61 megapixels Bayer sensor
  • Contrast detection autofocus + Phase detection autofocus
  • Supports USB power supply

A small camera for a big freedom​

• Back-illuminated 35mm full size effective approx. 24.6 megapixels Bayer sensor
  • Contrast autofocus
  • The original “World’s smallest and lightest full-frame mirrorless”
Is this a typo? or are they comparing old and new FP models?
On a side note that QR code to share picture setting is really neat and useful.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
This is another example of a very bizzarre camera that could have some interesting applications with its size and customizability.

Although I will selfishly say that I wish they gave all their R&D power to make RF lenses, so that I can get great quality at an affordable price
It is a very strange camera.
It fits in a pocket but can only record DCI externally.
61 MP but somehow records uncropped 4K "RAW".
Crazier than that is the internal "RAW" is only 8-bit.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Checkout the Gerald Undone review. He tore it a new one. The camera is hot garbage.
I do not trust his review very much since he reviewed the AF in full-frame where it only does contrast AF.
Phase detect only works in crop mode.
AF looks good here.
Crop mode is also the only way to get the full DR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Upvote 0