SIGMA Announces the 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art Series Lens

BeenThere said:
While we are waiting for Sigma to price their new 14mm f1.8 lens, how about some guesses as to their U.S. Price point. Take a WAG at where you think it will be priced, not where you want it to be priced. My guess is $1299.

I believe it will be the same as the $1400 (US) 135mm f/1.8.

Upvote 0
BeenThere said:
While we are waiting for Sigma to price their new 14mm f1.8 lens, how about some guesses as to their U.S. Price point. Take a WAG at where you think it will be priced, not where you want it to be priced. My guess is $1299.
I'm less optimistic.

The lens looks a lot like the 12-24mm, it has the same kind of large, aspherical front element, so I would guess it will be priced at least the same. So $1599.
And frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that. The 12-24mm had competitors, this one doesn't, it's really the first of its kind. I think Sigma could get away with a pretty high price point.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. ???

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
NancyP said:
There are still some fairly significant width "wings" on the stars in the f/1.8 photo on the Sigma site, but the wings are quite pale.

1. If it has zero coma at f/2.4 then it is at least as good as the new Samyang with the added advantage of f/1.8 should we need it it is just fine.

2. If at f/1.8 is better than my Canon 14mm f/2.8 II at f/2.8 I am also satisfied.

But where is it????????????????????????

P.S In addition, once it apears lenstip.com will check coma for good :)

Upvote 0
tron said:
NancyP said:
There are still some fairly significant width "wings" on the stars in the f/1.8 photo on the Sigma site, but the wings are quite pale.

1. If it has zero coma at f/2.4 then it is at least as good as the new Samyang with the added advantage of f/1.8 should we need it it is just fine.

2. If at f/1.8 is better than my Canon 14mm f/2.8 II at f/2.8 I am also satisfied.

But where is it????????????????????????

P.S In addition, once it apears lenstip.com will check coma for good :)

All that, except 2. I don't have Canon 14mm 2.8; I got the Samyang 14mm 2.4 instead. Will I get the Sigma? Maybe...1.8 is tempting. Only after it is it is blessed by LensTip.

Upvote 0
NorbR said:
BeenThere said:
I'm less optimistic.

The lens looks a lot like the 12-24mm, it has the same kind of large, aspherical front element, so I would guess it will be priced at least the same. So $1599.
And frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that. The 12-24mm had competitors, this one doesn't, it's really the first of its kind. I think Sigma could get away with a pretty high price point.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. ???
You win with exact guess of $1599. U.S.

Upvote 0