SIGMA announces the 15mm F1.4 DG DN DIAGONAL FISHEYE | Art

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The world’s first* F1.4 diagonal fisheye interchangeable lens for 35mm full-frame. Unparalleled resolving power that overturns the conventional wisdom about fisheye lenses In developing a fisheye lens featuring an ultra-wide-angle and powerful fisheye distortion, SIGMA has achieved a completely new level of artistic potential, combining the world’s first F1.4 aperture for consumer use with outstanding

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

kirbic

CR Pro
Jun 20, 2016
Holy cats, three pounds! That is one big chunk of glass! And I thought the RF 85/1.2 I just bought was a honker...
Seriously, this is one interesting lens for astro. I've been very impressed with the image quality of some of the other Art lenses, namely the 20/1.4 and 50/1.4. If this one delivers on the optical performance, and if it becomes available for RF mount, it just may find a place in my astro kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
May 16, 2014
Holy cats, three pounds! That is one big chunk of glass! And I thought the RF 85/1.2 I just bought was a honker...
Seriously, this is one interesting lens for astro. I've been very impressed with the image quality of some of the other Art lenses, namely the 20/1.4 and 50/1.4. If this one delivers on the optical performance, and if it becomes available for RF mount, it just may find a place in my astro kit.
Yes, but "IF"! Sigma has really several highly interesting (astro) lenses, but there is still nothing known when or if they will ever be build with an RF mount.
Beside of that: The RF 85/1.2 is also a very good lens for astro (you pay for it), but the native selection of RF lenses is so incredible small that I still depend on 'old' Sigma Art and Samyang lenses plus one EF lense with the 'blue spectrum refractive element' for my night activities. To be honest: I don't think that will improve soon. Sony? Yes, but they have other problems ...

Upvote 0