Simple Portraits - anything to improve?

angox said:
Hello all, I'd love to get some feedbacks on the shoot. What would you do differently and why?

http://www.occhio-photography.com/macgyver-we-are/

thanks a lot!

cheers,
r.

Shots look amazing, nothing I would do really, maybe try some different compositions and angles. How about one with a natural smile or reaction? Something more intimate with the camera. But great shots I'd be happy with that result!

Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
They are very nice. Quite well done. If anything, I'd like to see her eyes pop just a bit... but you did notate them as "simple", so I suppose they are perfect the way they are... With all the white & highlights I think that adding a little something to her eyes would just really draw me in...

Nice job! ;)

Upvote 0
Krob78 said:
They are very nice. Quite well done. If anything, I'd like to see her eyes pop just a bit... but you did notate them as "simple", so I suppose they are perfect the way they are... With all the white & highlights I think that adding a little something to her eyes would just really draw me in...

Nice job! ;)

Thanks for your advice! I'll keep that in mind for the next shoot.

Upvote 0
Zv said:
angox said:
Hello all, I'd love to get some feedbacks on the shoot. What would you do differently and why?

http://www.occhio-photography.com/macgyver-we-are/

thanks a lot!

cheers,
r.

Shots look amazing, nothing I would do really, maybe try some different compositions and angles. How about one with a natural smile or reaction? Something more intimate with the camera. But great shots I'd be happy with that result!

Yes, I should've perhaps taken some "spontaneous outburst" shots.. Will keep it in mind for next time.. Thanks for the pointer!

Upvote 0
CanadianInvestor said:
Absolutely marvellous shots, however, the last three lack 'sharpness', in my opinion. Was this intentional or am I seeing something which is not there? But, again, great shots and you are right, simple, yet outstanding.

Hi thanks for the feedback. If 100% viewed, I find the sharpness fine for these 3. Maybe you are referring to low contrast? Or perhaps because of the shallow DOF?

Upvote 0