Skybridge

I found this circular skybridge so interesting architecturally, and by no mean these shots are architecturely accurate. Basically, I was simply playing around with my Rokinon 14mm 2.8 on my 5D Mark III. For comparison purpose, one of these shots was taken with a Canon 24-70 2.8L II, which you should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

By the way, this circular skybridge is in downtown Houston which connects Chevron Towers with a packing garage. This was formerly the headquarter of Enron. Comments/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. And if you've shot something similar, please add them on. Thanks.

p104916026-5.jpg

p23592800-5.jpg

p123760063-5.jpg

p346198633-5.jpg

p427355087-5.jpg

Your fourth one down is excellent. The series (from washed out sky to deep blue sky) would make a great tutorial on shooting at the magic hour.

When I visited years ago, I only got this shot with a washed out sky, which kind of ruins it. I should have waited for magic hour. Taken on slide film with my main camera for many years, Canon Elan2e.

Attachments

• houston 3.Jpg
    houston 3.Jpg
    88 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
MrFotoFool said:
Your fourth one down is excellent. The series (from washed out sky to deep blue sky) would make a great tutorial on shooting at the magic hour.

When I visited years ago, I only got this shot with a washed out sky, which kind of ruins it. I should have waited for magic hour. Taken on slide film with my main camera for many years, Canon Elan2e.
A matter of fact, I really like your contrasty and silvery shot. Thanks for sharing with us.

Upvote 0