So far so good, the Canon EOS R pleasantly surprised Jared

Your statement implies the point of FF mirrorless is to push spec barriers or to be small. Consider a different perspective.

Comparing to the 5D4...

If you don't shoot video:
  • Your RF lenses have a control ring that you can customize, and you can make adjustments in 1/8th stop increments now
  • All your EF lenses can be rear ND or CPL'd and they all get a control ring now as well
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 now has Eye AF
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 now has AF points all over the frame
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 will (someday) be able to adapt non-Canon glass
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 + adaptor ring now costs ~ $2500 (depending on which one you get)
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 now has exclusive access to an industry first zoom and (possibly) Canon's first comprehensive workhorse 50 prime.
Additionally, if you do shoot video:
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 now has a tilty-flippy
  • Your mirrorless 5D4 can now output 10 bit 4:2:2
Yes, some stuff is taken away from the 5D4 experience, but so is the price.

Stop comparing to A7. Start comparing to Canon SLRs. This thing will sell very, very well.

- A

Yep! - got it in one there! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
1. If you don't care for camera development, why are you reading about the latest Canon digital release? That strikes me as being odd.

4. I am not doubting that you are an excellent, world-leading photographer who captures shots others simply cannot, due to your enhanced ability and prowess. However, all of us below your skill level depend upon using reliable modern equipment to make a living. That includes depending on modern AF systems, and thus modern AF point selection methods.

Re 1.: I do certainly care for camera progress (but more in fundamental progress based on physics such as not yet mature light-field photography). But your reaction just because I just miss the joystick in the spec list (did not yet try an EOS R) was quite out of any proportion. You are exactly this sort of rude posters that I hoped will never pop op on Canonrumors, where most people seem to be nice characters. Obviously, times are changing.

Re 4.: Certainly, you nailed it :p

This is my last reply to any of your postings in this thread, Mr. Angus. Interesting to see that nobody liked your attitude here so far...

Upvote 0
Re 1.: I do certainly care for camera progress (but more in fundamental progress based on physics such as not yet mature light-field photography). But your reaction just because I just miss the joystick in the spec list (did not yet try an EOS R) was quite out of any proportion. You are exactly this sort of rude posters that I hoped will never pop op on Canonrumors, where most people seem to be nice characters. Obviously, times are changing.

Re 4.: Certainly, you nailed it :p

This is my last reply to any of your postings in this thread, Mr. Angus. Interesting to see that nobody liked your attitude here so far...[/QUO)TE]

;)

Oh, so you haven't actually tried touch and drag AF selection? That makes sense

Upvote 0