So Nikon D600 is real after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2012
Marine03 said:
Look at Sony, King of the LCD TV market for about a decade, made the best quality TV's but other brands caught up in terms of features and prices came down now to the point where Sony lost so much market share they are leaving the TV business.

Canon WAKE UP

in which planet? Sony is losing money from TV business since 8 straight years, even when they got the largest chunk of the market (2 years of so ago)

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
aznable said:
Marine03 said:
Look at Sony, King of the LCD TV market for about a decade, made the best quality TV's but other brands caught up in terms of features and prices came down now to the point where Sony lost so much market share they are leaving the TV business.

Canon WAKE UP

in which planet? Sony is losing money from TV business since 8 straight years, even when they got the largest chunk of the market (2 years of so ago)

Take the example of NOKIA. Marketleader for many years and now under pressure because of Apple and Samsung. Things can go fast in the world of technology and the popularity of technology demands of customers. Not good to ignore them....as Nokia by now knows.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
RLPhoto said:
Nikon just threw down the gauntlet on canon. It's almost a 5Dmk3 for half the price. They'd better drop the mk3 prices to a reasonable level or make a new entry level camera. Possibly a 5d mark 2 N version with improved AF.

I will stay focussed on the 5D3. But I doubt a lower price tag once Canon catches up with an entry level model. But anyway, 6D or FF 7D would steal some of the thunder of the rumored darkside announcement. Intresting times. Would take photography back to where I started out 30+ years ago with a 24x36 Contax 139 Quartz...don't know how much it cost anymore... 8)

Upvote 0
G

Gothmoth

awinphoto said:
maybe just maybe if a bunch of canon shooters jump to the dark side, maybe we will see a huge flux of gear up for sale... =) sweet.

and who want to buy that second class stuff?

/sarcasm off

if the D600 will become reality for the rumored price i sure will sell them like sliced bread.
if the D800 sensor is any indication of the anticipated D600 image quality, then canon will have a hard time beating that price/performance combination.

i doubt canon has the sensor technology yet.
and canon is not going the "cheap" way lately.

im very curious what canon will show at photokina.

Upvote 0
Canon-F1 said:
Albi86 said:
If it's true... why not just call it 6D?

It's puzzling to turn a top APS-C into an entry-level FF while retaining the name. They're so different cameras.

because it is better to fix an error then repeat it. :)

they could just drop the 7D and call the new FF 6D, sure, but i was talking about this specific rumor.

as is wrote... for me it was an error from the beginning to call the camera 7D.

sure it could be a bit confusing first for those who know the original 7D was an APS-C camera.... but in the end the lineup would be straight and clear.

APS-C = xxxxD, xxxD xxD
Fullframe= xD

I do not know - I believe the 7D serves a purpose if you read these blogs regularyly. I will rather argue xD = Pro and morethanoneXD = consumer.

An even more Pro 7D II crop will have a large following under the briders and wildife guys (think no F8 focussing). Add a 24 mpix that can later trickle down

That leaves me wondering, with the 650D getting the 60D focus and framrate, why not make the 70D the FF entry level. Smaller body, pop-up flash etc is what I think is needed in entry level and to distinguish from 5D as they will most likely use the same sensor. The no-metal body will also translate better into a $1500 range. That will still leave 4 crops (pending mirrorless included) 3 consumer 1 Pro

Upvote 0
H

Halocastle

Sith Zombie said:
Brand-new 24mp Sony Exmor sensor, to be shared with the upcoming Sony A99 flagship. Expect D800-level performance at 24mp. This is definitely going to break new ground; can't wait to see what Canon has up its sleeve!

Any reports on this?
I was thinking they might use might use a cheaper sensor: http://nikonrumors.com/2012/04/30/rumor-aptina-developing-a-new-full-frame-cmos-sensor-for-nikon.aspx/

Seems odd that sony would give nikon their flagship sensor for a budget model, but then again if nikon are paying for it then its up to them how they use it I guess....

Why do I care what Nikon does? Why are there Nikon rumors on here at all? Flush 'em (like I'm going to switch). Anyway, Nikon tech is Sony's tech, so look here:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

Edit (Sony A99 vs. NikonD600, yawn):

Sensor:
Same 24,2 Megapixel sensor for both cameras.

ISO range:
D600 goes up to 25,600 while the A99 is rumored to go up to 51,200 or even 102,400 (depending on the final firmware)

Image processor:
Expeed for the Nikon while the A99 has very likely a Dual Bionz processor which allows a better noise handling and faster speed (in theory)

Body:
Both are weather sealed

Frames per second:
5fps for the Nikon , 10 or 12 fps for the Sony (depending on the final firmware)

Viewfinder:
100% coverage optical viewfinder. 3 million dot electronic viewfinder for the Sony.

Video:
Full 1080p HD @ 30 fps max for the Nikon while the Sony records in AVCHD 2.0 standard

Focus points:
39 focus points for the Nikon, 101 for the Sony.

LCD:
3.2 inch diagonal with 921,000 dots fixed LCD for the Nikon, three way tilting LCD for the Sony.

Price:
$1,500-$1800 for the Nikon, $2,500-2,800 for the Sony.

Upvote 0
Albi86 said:
awinphoto said:
maybe just maybe if a bunch of canon shooters jump to the dark side, maybe we will see a huge flux of gear up for sale... =) sweet.

If Nikon provides me a camera with better IQ than the 5D3 for half the price, I'll be one of them.

I doubt that D600 will have better IQ than 5D3. Nikon will definitely be keeping a good quality difference between D600 and D800 if D600 is half the price of D800.

Regards,
Deepanshu
My Flickr Photostream
My Indiegogo Fundraising Campaign

Upvote 0
G

Gothmoth

DArora said:
I doubt that D600 will have better IQ than 5D3. Nikon will definitely be keeping a good quality difference between D600 and D800 if D600 is half the price of D800.

i sell canon cameras for 700 euro that have the same IQ then canon cameras for 1400 euro.
and for canon cameras they even have the same sensor and MP count.

so there are enough other things to differentiate.

Upvote 0
In typical Canon fashion, they already have a camera and an answer to the D600, which they will announce shortly after the D600, steal all the attention/be the last and the one that everyone is talking about.. and, of course, RELEASE their camera with actual availability, long before Nikon..

I was driving to work this morning and was thinking, wow, it's 4, almost going to be 5 months since Nikon announced the D800 and it's still not actually out.. it's almost going to be 1/5th of the 5D/DX00 product life cycle longer before they actually have a real product for photographers... how sad..

Upvote 0
J

jaduffy007

Tammy said:
In typical Canon fashion, they already have a camera and an answer to the D600, which they will announce shortly after the D600, steal all the attention/be the last and the one that everyone is talking about.. and, of course, RELEASE their camera with actual availability, long before Nikon..

I was driving to work this morning and was thinking, wow, it's 4, almost going to be 5 months since Nikon announced the D800 and it's still not actually out.. it's almost going to be 1/5th of the 5D/DX00 product life cycle longer before they actually have a real product for photographers... how sad..

Oh Tammy, your perspective represents everything I find nauseating about fangirlism / fanboyism. Factual inaccuracies married to brand identity blindness. Please lay off the koolaid for a while, for you sake as well as the rest of us.

Upvote 0
G

Gothmoth

Tammy said:
In typical Canon fashion, they already have a camera and an answer to the D600, which they will announce shortly after the D600, steal all the attention/be the last and the one that everyone is talking about.. and, of course, ..

lol....
the 5D MK3 is not directyl "stealing away" all attention from the D800.
saying that would be a blunt lie.

RELEASE their camera with actual availability, long before Nikon

good you are not talking about the 1D X..... :p

I was driving to work this morning and was thinking, wow, it's 4, almost going to be 5 months since Nikon announced the D800 and it's still not actually out..

where are you living? timbuktu?
move to a first world country and you can buy it.

you are a troll.. right?

Upvote 0
J

jaduffy007

idimoe said:
briansquibb said:
Looks pretty close to the specs of the 5DIII to me

Hard to tell from the pictures, but the ergonomics seem way more prosumer (D7000) than the 5DMK2 or MK3. Not a surprise given the rumored price point of $1500. Can't have it all after all. :p

I agree. D7000 ergonomics with D7000 AF system matched with IQ rivaling the D3X plus HD video...all at a stellar price. Nikon can't make D800's fast enough, well, Nikon better build a couple of new factories devoted to making the D600. It will be their biggest seller ever, even if the price is $1700...$1800. Canon will respond, they will HAVE to.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
DArora said:
Albi86 said:
awinphoto said:

If Nikon provides me a camera with better IQ than the 5D3 for half the price, I'll be one of them.

Regards,
Deepanshu
My Flickr Photostream
My Indiegogo Fundraising Campaign

-12MP, -14 AF points and some other stuff here and there (1.2x crop mode maybe?) are enough to differentiate.

D800 is around 2600€ now, I would say D600 will have a price point of 2000$/1800€. Not really a half of the D800, but almost a half of the 5D3.

Detail level will be similar to 5D3, but I think DR will be more on the D800 side. Less MP could even mean better high-iso performance.

Halocastle said:
Why do I care what Nikon does? Why are there Nikon rumors on here at all? Flush 'em (like I'm going to switch). Anyway, Nikon tech is Sony's tech, so look here:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

Edit (Sony A99 vs. NikonD600, yawn):

Sensor:
Same 24,2 Megapixel sensor for both cameras.

ISO range:
D600 goes up to 25,600 while the A99 is rumored to go up to 51,200 or even 102,400 (depending on the final firmware)

Quite likely that Nikon is cheaply buying sub-standards sensors not suitable for the A99.

Tammy said:

Yes, I see how instead the 1DX ships abundantly worldwide. Ah, and this afternoon I've bought my 4th copy of the new 24-70 MK2, it's so cheap since the market has been flooded by this lens. My local dealer has even announced a 3x2 offer.

jaduffy007 said:
Oh Tammy, your perspective represents everything I find nauseating about fangirlism / fanboyism. Factual inaccuracies married to brand identity blindness. Please lay off the koolaid for a while, for you sake as well as the rest of us.

+1

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.