So Nikon D600 is real after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are you living? timbuktu?
move to a first world country and you can buy it.

you are a troll.. right?

Actually, Los Angeles. And, yes, it is possible to get one, but in most cases you're likely stuck on a back order list that is not being cleared. Many of my friends shoot Nikon, 1 that pre-ordered for the D800 on Amazon on the first day canceled his order due to the wait and another has not been able to get ahold of one through numerous camera stores.

Upvote 0
O

Orion

Albi86 said:
Orion said:
I need help understanding something:

IF the rumored D400 specs are true, and the camera sells for $1800, WTF is the point of spending 3500 on a 5DmkIII??????

Eeeerrr... the D400 is an APS-C :)

yeah, but how much more money would be added to that price if it was a FF? $1700 MORE?????????? IT IS ALL A CROCK!

lots of fish in the sea to take a bite of this nonsesense called the digital crave/rave. . . .

flickr "pro photographer" types have added a crazy edge to the digital revolution, and these companies are salivating, and counting on psychbabo stuff!

Look at these specs for a FF @ $1500

24.7MP full frame sensor
Weight: 760g (850g with battery and memory cards), the D800 weights 900g
3.2" LCD with 921K dot with ambient sensor control
HDMI output
Video compression: H264/MPEG-4
Full HD with 30p, 25p, 24p, HD with 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p
Viewfinder coverage: 100% for FX , 97% for Dx
The Nikon D600 will have built-in AF motor
The body most probably will be weather sealed
The D600 may not have built-in GPS as initially reported
ISO range: 100-6400 (with Lo-1 ISO 50 and Hi-2 ISO 25,600)
39 AF points (with an option of 11 AF points), 9 cross-type AF points
AF face detection
Exposure compensation: ±5 EV (same as the D800)
The D600 will probably use the EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery

These are BS specs that a company uses to keep consumers in steps so as to seperate and create different money bags for themselves . . . it is why they trick people into believeing that a FF with a great AF and weathersealing should only be at prices ranges in the $3000 plus range. . . . since when should weather sealing be a luxury for a digital camera that is to be used outside in the field, for example???? And the screeen @ 921k???? Look at the monitor in fron of your eyes right now . . a few yearsa ago it would have cost double or triple . . . and 10 years ago the computer you have now would've cost triple+

what about also the 16x9+ HD touchscreens out there right now like the ones from hp . . . . YET the D600 MUST NOT have the same screen as the D800 or mkIII becasue the universe would fall on its ass . . . it would cost millions and millions and make the camwera worth $4000+ maybe!!! OMG! ::)

Instead of having ONE GOOD CLEAN camera, they have a checker board system . . . it's like swiss cheese camera industry and people are salivating at the chance to spend more than they have to .. . . paradigm shift!
They got you guys thinking that you can not have all the good things in one system becasue it would cost too much . . so they spread the love down to other cameras for those that want a bite of the good stuff . . . never realizing THAT is the game.

get a load of thios headline:

Canon 70D to Replace 7D & 60D; 7DII to Be “Entry Level Full Frame” . . . . . more swiss cheese! Even if this is not true headline . . . it is indicative of the place consumers are tricked into these days.

Upvote 0
I still say best way to go is not to try and go head to head

70D replaces 60D and 7D as weather sealled 1.6 crop with 19pt 7D AF

7DII goes APS-H 1Dmk4 AF older 45pt that keeps f8 AF! 5D3 Body, This will sell like crazy all the people who have 1Dx and miss the f8 AF will be all over these as second bodies as well as wildlife /sport

entry level FF I dunno really why not just tweak the 5Dmk2 call it a 5Dmk2n and drop the price to compete
I guess the IQ between the 5Dmk3 and 5Dmk2 is not differentiated enough so a much cheaper FF with 5Dmk2 IQ is going to eat into mk3 sales in a big way

They are in a bit of a rock and a hard place there, i would say dont make the entry level camera FF make it a kick arse APS-H at a decent price say around $2000 - $2200 yeah its $500 more than the D600 rumour but
seriously dont try and go head to head with that, 22MP APS-H last generation 1D AF keeping f8AF. It has no competition.

Canon should hire me to design their gear :eek:

Upvote 0
dilbert said:
DArora said:
Albi86 said:
awinphoto said:
maybe just maybe if a bunch of canon shooters jump to the dark side, maybe we will see a huge flux of gear up for sale... =) sweet.

If Nikon provides me a camera with better IQ than the 5D3 for half the price, I'll be one of them.

I doubt that D600 will have better IQ than 5D3. Nikon will definitely be keeping a good quality difference between D600 and D800 if D600 is half the price of D800.

If you want the best quality and the most megapixels, you'll get the D800. The D600 is for those that want full frame but have neither the money nor the technique to get the best out of the D800.

The D600 will be a bigger threat to Canon than it will be to Nikon's D800.

For the price of a 5D3 you will be able to buy a D600 plus lens or two.

The 5D3 has two problems:
1) price tag
2) sensor
and Canon can only fix one of those without replacing the product. That said, maybe the 5D3 will go the way of the 1D3 and have a short life span of about 18 months.

I'm with you on that one Mate - I'll be getting one of these to compliment my 1DX (seeing as the 5d3 was a failure in my experience) - guarantee the read noise on the d600 will be better then anything canon has out at the moment. And tbh nikkor lenses really aren't that bad lol!

If they fix their AF unit it will be a decent cheap FF - if its plagued like the d800/d4, then I start to second guess.

The d800 is pointless for me - i don't want or need to deal with 70MB raw files.

If Canon bring out a studio camera between now and then - my money will go there.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Sycotek said:
I'm with you on that one Mate - I'll be getting one of these to compliment my 1DX (seeing as the 5d3 was a failure in my experience) - guarantee the read noise on the d600 will be better then anything canon has out at the moment. And tbh nikkor lenses really aren't that bad lol!

If they fix their AF unit it will be a decent cheap FF - if its plagued like the d800/d4, then I start to second guess.

The d800 is pointless for me - i don't want or need to deal with 70MB raw files.

If Canon bring out a studio camera between now and then - my money will go there.

I am sticking with my near zero noise at iso 50-200 1DS3 until there is a replacement

Upvote 0
briansquibb said:
Sycotek said:

I am sticking with my near zero noise at iso 50-200 1DS3 until there is a replacement

I wish i never sold mine :/

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

gmrza said:
briansquibb said:

I think you will find that, in Canon's view, the 5DIII is intended to replace the 1DsIII. Of course, if you shoot at ISO 50 to 200, there is no point in "upgrading".

That to me is where a studio camera should excel. 95% of my photos are iso 50-200, iso 400 is still very good. Iso1600 has to be treated with care

It is the iso50-200 performance that distinguishes the 1DS3 from 5DII

Upvote 0
ISO 50 -200 ??? I think even the Rebel can be noise free. or am i not picky at all?

in my 5D1, i constantly use ISO1600, sometimes the extension 3200, run some NR and i am fine with it.

I would second the 5D2n as a direct competition to the D600, with let say just a 7D AF system and Metering, but that would upset a lot of 5D3 buyers, as the 7D system is very capable already

Upvote 0
MK5GTI said:
ISO 50 -200 ??? I think even the Rebel can be noise free. or am i not picky at all?

No, this iso range is fine with the 18mp sensor, unless you are trying to pull shadows and the dr limitations show.

MK5GTI said:
Second the 5D2n as a direct competition to the D600, with let say just a 7D AF system and Metering, but that would upset a lot of 5D3 buyers, as the 7D system is very capable already

For many lenses, the 7d system is even more capable as the 1dx/5d3 one - I just learned that the af system of the latter doesn't degrade only with max. open aperture, but Canon specifically puts lenses in Groups, leaving only their top lenses to fully use the af system - see 5d3 manual, pp78.

On the other hand, the 7d system is at least up to par because it always uses cross type sensors on the edges, with my 70-300L and the 5d3 I'd only get horizontal and thus worse af performance in difficult situations!

Upvote 0
briansquibb said:
Sycotek said:

Agreed. The 1DS3 is the finest DSLR Canon has made. I miss mine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.