Something Coming March 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wahoowa

neyney said:
FatDaddyJones said:
Why do people feel the need to make posts like this? This is Canon Rumors, not CNN. I've been coming to this site for a long time and I appreciate what CR does: anticipation, speculation, fun, and for just providing a place to share comments with other Canon users.

Totally agree with that !
Thanks to the rumors around here I sold my 500D not even 2 weeks before the 600D came in ... so just a few days later and it would have been harder to sell it and get my wife a 60D.

So thanks for the rumors !

It is up to us/you to make up your mind about the rumors.

Now I am waiting for the 5D Mk III and 1Ds/1D replacement because my 1D Mk IIn is not enough anymore for me ... and as long as I don't make money out of my cams ... I would prefer not buying something that will be renewed just 1-2 months after.

Unfortunately ... even if I was planning to get a 7D (for the ISOs) ... after testing the 60D I tend to think that it won't be enough ... so pls 5D Mk III for March otherwise it will be hard to not want to get a 5D II instead of 7D :'(

I want to say that I'm on the same boat, but not entirely. As much as I really want a new FF body and as much as I don't like the 5DII, I will buy a used 5DII when a new FF body is released. By then, the price of used 5DIIs should be down to about $1,500-$1,800 (say, if the retail price of 5DII stays the same while that of the new FF body is higher than $2,500). Or it could be even lower if the retail price of 5DII comes down.

Why? First, the price of a new FF body will be expensive everywhere, if you could get a hand on one. Also, you'll never know what problems there will be in the first shipment of the new body. So, if you can wait about 6 months or so, the price will come down significantly and you'll sure what you'll get. That's what I did when 7D came out.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Re: Something Coming in August...as posted at Nikon Rumors

Hi, maybe Nikon Rumors give a hint of when something is to be expected from Canon?
Though it might be an old link, maybe there is something towards next bigger announcements by Canon, so March could be too early...Regards
http://nikonrumors.com/2011/01/24/nikon-is-preparing-a-major-announcement-at-the-end-of-august.aspx

Upvote 0

FatDaddyJones

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
Dec 24, 2010
scalesusa said:
Wahoowa said:
So, if you can wait about 6 months or so, the price will come down significantly and you'll sure what you'll get. That's what I did when 7D came out.

I ordered my 5D MK II minutes after the announcement well over 2 years ago, it had no issues and the price for a new one is still the same.

I did the same, purchasing my 7D when it first came out... still loving it! (Got a great deal too.) You don't necessarily have to wait to buy, unless your waiting on an impending new release.

Upvote 0
waiting for the 5D III this fall with the new 24-70 II as the new kit lens. i'll buy that lens in a heartbeat with or without IS assuming it's optics are improvement (and consistent) like the new big 70-200 II.

they'll sell thousands this fall alone.

the 70-200 2.8 II already has more than 600 reviews alone just at B+H. it's crazy how many people are snatching them up at more than $2k a pop.

Upvote 0
scalesusa said:
Wahoowa said:
So, if you can wait about 6 months or so, the price will come down significantly and you'll sure what you'll get. That's what I did when 7D came out.

I ordered my 5D MK II minutes after the announcement well over 2 years ago, it had no issues and the price for a new one is still the same.

I agree. the Mark II has held it's price amazingly so. only a $200 decrease in over 2 years? the time to buy a new body (if you can get one) is the time it's announced. pre-order away. someone on ebay will pay you more anyway in case you don't want to keep it. if there is an initial bug, just download the fix like usual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.