Spring

When you live in a country like Norway (with 9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sledge conditions) you really appreciate the miracle of spring. One of my favourite times is when the hepatica, this tiny, fragile and delicate flower penetrates the layers of dead leaves and rubble on the forrest floor and raise to the sun.

It would be nice to see some of your spring images.

1DX, 100mm f2.8L IS Macro
1/125s, f6.3, ISO640

Attachments

• _D7T3953.jpg
    _D7T3953.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 461
Don Haines said:
sigh....

It's -6C, snowing, and over a metre of ice in the bay behind the house....

tell me more about this mythical thing called spring....
He he, life is hard ...

We were well on our way to a nice spring, when the Weather Gods decided it was time to teach us a lesson. We got 30 inches of snow in one night/morning. Total chaos. And whatever had come out of the ground at that point was totally massacred.

Upvote 0
Here's my favorite spring shot from February 8th of this year, which is during our Winter-Spring-Winter-Spring-Winter to Summer period that goes from January to April. We go from 30F to 90F and back and forth many times until suddenly it's 90F and raining everyday. I'm not sure we really have seasons, just hot, less hot, and cool days.

This is a pair of Spring Snowflake(s), a tiny flower the size of a small berry, and one of my favorite subjects. Taken at 1:1 with 5DIII+180 macro @ f/8, 1/30s, ISO 400 +1EV:
Maclay_Gardens_16713_ID-XL.jpg

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Eldar said:
Don Haines said:
sigh....

It's -6C, snowing, and over a metre of ice in the bay behind the house....

tell me more about this mythical thing called spring....
He he, life is hard ...

We were well on our way to a nice spring, when the Weather Gods decided it was time to teach us a lesson. We got 30 inches of snow in one night/morning. Total chaos. And whatever had come out of the ground at that point was totally massacred.
I dont know about spring. It went from a comfortable period that is sometimes referred to as "winter" to summer in a matter of 3 days! I wore a sleeveless sweater on just one day this "winter".

Today the high is a pleasant 34C (94F) with a low of 21C (69F). The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, the butterflies and bees are back. I guess technically it is spring :)

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Spring lambs in Great Dug Dale, one of the many remarkable glacial valleys cut into the Yorkshire Wolds.

Canon 5DII + 24-105L 1/200, f5.5, ISO 100. An example of why I prefer the 24-105 over the other 24-70 standard zooms: this was at 93mm.

Attachments

• Spring Lambs.png
    Spring Lambs.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 362
Upvote 0