Still waiting - for a mirrorless 7D mkiii

Adrianf

Now an R5 owner and fan
Jul 7, 2015
I find myself still waiting for a mirrorless 7D mkiii. I have the R5 and R7. Back in the day, I had the 5D4 and 7D2. When I picked up either I had to sometimes look at the camera to check which one I was using - they were so similar. The handling was great.
As a would-be wildlife photographer, a crop sensor should be a simple way of getting me more pixels-per-bird. Now I find myself pining for a 7D equivalent.
I love the R5. The R7 drives me nuts with its strange handling and other shortcomings.
Please Canon, make me a crop-sensor version of the R5. Sort out the R7's quirky focussing and rolling shutter and put it in an R5 body. You can even save money on the development by re-using the R5 design.
Pretty please?

Nov 13, 2023
Might be better to actually send your comments to Canon, rather than a rumor site that has no affiliation with Canon. And since Canon has come out with the R7, I think you realize that they are not coming out with another high-end R7. I have used the R7 since it came out and have excellent results with it. Maybe learn how to use it and avoid its shortcomings rather than wait for something that isn't going to happen in all likelihood.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Might be better to actually send your comments to Canon, rather than a rumor site that has no affiliation with Canon. And since Canon has come out with the R7, I think you realize that they are not coming out with another high-end R7. I have used the R7 since it came out and have excellent results with it. Maybe learn how to use it and avoid its shortcomings rather than wait for something that isn't going to happen in all likelihood.
I have to agree with everything you wrote. I use both the R5and R7 within their limitations, as I did with the 5Div and 7Dii, and they are all great.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0