Stock Notice: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM at B&H Photo

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
B&H Photo now has stock of the brand new Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM.</p>
<p class="fs16 OpenSans-600-normal upper product-highlights-header">PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS</p>
<ul class="top-section-list" data-selenium="highlightList">
<li class="top-section-list-item">EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">56mm (35mm Equivalent)</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Maximum Aperture: f/2.8</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">One Glass-Molded Aspherical Element</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">STM Stepping AF Motor</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Hybrid IS Image Stabilization</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Built-In Macro Lite LED</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Maximum Magnification: 1:1</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Minimum Focus Distance: 5.1″</li>
<li class="top-section-list-item">Rounded Seven-Blade Diaphragm</li>
</ul>
<p><strong><a href="https://bhpho.to/2ndtUoR">Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM at B&H Photo $349</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

My main gear is a 5 D Mark IV with a variety of lenses and I wanted a lighter grab and go option. So had bought the SL1 and was considering the SL2. I kept saying that I wish there was a 35 mm pancake to be closer to the 50mm I would prefer for the walk around light weigh combination. Then I saw how light this was and decided to try it. Just got it on July 3rd and it is great. I rarely used my 100 mm macro on the Mark IV because so heavy and bulky. Since getting this I've taken more macro shots in 2 days than in the last 2 years. As far as insects, just got several shots of bees and ended up with several of a fly on a flower. It's also very good just taking shots of our cat and yard. After testing this lens and being very satisfied, I've decided to get the EOS Rebel T7i instead of the SL2 because this will now be what I use chasing bees, butterflies and for other macro shots. While a little bigger than the SL2, it's not that much and this combo is 2 pounds lighter than my good set up which will come with me for any serious shots.

Upvote 0