Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 in stock at Canon USA Store

Besisika

How can you stand out, if you do like evrybdy else
Mar 25, 2014
Montreal
Do you have any info why all RF/EF adapters are on backorder all over North America? My R5 will be here Tuesday (confirmed with Canada Post) but I have no RF lens and intend to buy only the 800 F11 (cannot afford to have two bodies using different lens sets). A friend has one, but is self-isolating right now.

Upvote 0
Do you have any info why all RF/EF adapters are on backorder all over North America? My R5 will be here Tuesday (confirmed with Canada Post) but I have no RF lens and intend to buy only the 800 F11 (cannot afford to have two bodies using different lens sets). A friend has one, but is self-isolating right now.

I assume everybody, like me, probably ordered one with their R5/R6 pre-order.

Willing to bet I’m not the only one sitting on an adapter and no camera.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
In same boat as you. Have camera, but no adapter. I get to tour the menus —- Whoopie! I‘ve got a native RF lens on order and may have an adapter coming soon. One small step for man....

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
For a couple of months I had two control ring adapters, no RF lenses, and no RF camera...but in my case it wasn't a FUBAR in the supply chain but me jumping on a couple of bargain refurbs since I knew I'd be getting an RF camera of some sort. Got the R5 Thursday and one R lens yesterday (still need adapters for my favorite lens though) so everything's all tidy.

Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2014
I found a post saying that its apparently a glitch with Canon's inventory system. It's been going to in stock and then out of stock periodically all day. Those who ordered end up with a back ordered camera.

I don’t know anything about if this is a glitch, but this is the same way I got my 1DX3 days after the release day.

1DX3 was periodically showing up as in stock then would revert to backordered. I placed my order, got the backordered email and then it shipped about 2 days later.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
This is a scam. Very disappointed in Canon. It showed in stock on the page. In my cart and through payment it also showed in stock. Only after I committed did it show it was backordered. Very disappointing they would run this kind of scam. Do not order through them at this time. Of course, there is no way to fix it until Monday.
Not a scam, just a programming glitch. I think everyone knows there are none in stock anywhere. Initial orders could not be all filled. The 5D MK II was the same thing, backordered for months.

I have it in my shopping cart with a 8.1% discount as well. I did not proceed because I was sure that it was a programming glitch.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0