Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 in stock at Canon USA Store

derpderp

Pixel Peeper
Jan 31, 2020
Do you have any info why all RF/EF adapters are on backorder all over North America? My R5 will be here Tuesday (confirmed with Canada Post) but I have no RF lens and intend to buy only the 800 F11 (cannot afford to have two bodies using different lens sets). A friend has one, but is self-isolating right now.

i can sell you mine. i'll even give you a fan discount. $400. deal? ;)

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
I've had my 24-70mm f2.8L for several weeks. My R5 body shipped from B&H Friday 7/30/20 and should be here Tuesday. I pre-ordered when the camera was released 7/9/20.

Saying you preordered on 7/9/20 doesn't tell us much. Whether you placed your order at 8:05 a.m. EDT or 8:10 a.m. EDT on 7/9/20 might tell us more.

Many who preordered on 7/9/20 won't get in on the "first wave" of bodies because it appears there were more orders placed on that day than there are bodies currently available.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Not a scam, just a programming glitch. I think everyone knows there are none in stock anywhere. Initial orders could not be all filled. The 5D MK II was the same thing, backordered for months.

I have it in my shopping cart with a 8.1% discount as well. I did not proceed because I was sure that it was a programming glitch.

Maybe, but Canon USA has been up and running for years, and mislabeling the product in the catalog from the checkout seems like it is more likely a bate and switch. In coding there should be only one field for "in stock" it either is or isn't. Can't imagine why anyone would code so you have to change that information in two locations.

Upvote 0
Saying you preordered on 7/9/20 doesn't tell us much. Whether you placed your order at 8:05 a.m. EDT or 8:10 a.m. EDT on 7/9/20 might tell us more.

Many who preordered on 7/9/20 won't get in on the "first wave" of bodies because it appears there were more orders placed on that day than there are bodies currently available.

I ordered at 10:30 AM. I wonder if I’ll get it before Canon announces the R5 Mark II.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Maybe, but Canon USA has been up and running for years, and mislabeling the product in the catalog from the checkout seems like it is more likely a bate and switch. In coding there should be only one field for "in stock" it either is or isn't. Can't imagine why anyone would code so you have to change that information in two locations.

Anyone who has used Canon USA's website for any amount of time knows it is constantly filled with glitches that have nothing to do with "bait and switch".

I can't imagine why Canon can't find someone who knows how to code a website that "works" as well as their cameras do, but apparently they don't think it is very important.

Upvote 0