The Canon EOS ‘R5s’ may be in the hands of testers [CR2]

Dragon

EF 800L
May 29, 2019
Some of us in the "7D2 crowd" use both FF and APS-C cameras, whichever is most appropriate for a specific task.

If I'm going to crop to APS-C angles of view anyway, why should I waste using up a $3,500 FF camera that handles slower when I can use a cheaper, faster handling APS-C body for the vast majority of my "high mileage" shooting scenarios?

At the same time, my wide and/or normal lenses are mounted and being used on the FF bodies. Shooting a typical American football game, I may take 2,000+ images using the "long" body while only taking 200-400 frames using the short body(s), and that's if I shoot the band at halftime. Otherwise I'll usually put well less than 200 frames on the odometer of the wider camera/lens combination(s). I'd much rather wear out a $1,500 APS-C "sports" specialty body when shooting 2,000+ frames per assignment than a $3,500 FF general purpose camera that I use for almost all of my other work when I rarely shoot more than a few hundred frames, and often only shoot a few dozen at those other assignments.
You just made my point.

Dragon

EF 800L
May 29, 2019
Why do you need to say that crap? Poking the bear? Lame.
I was merely pointing out the futility of the argument to the OP. OTOH, it is sometimes fun to poke a bear so long as you use a long stick and have the safety off on the 30-06. Look in the mirror and question where your sense of humor went. :--).

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
You just made my point.
That point being?

Maybe you can express it in your own words instead of leaving it to others to interpret what your opinions are.

sometimes fun to poke a bear so long as you use a long stick and have the safety off on the 30-06. Look in the mirror and question where your sense of humor went.
I'm not sure where you are going with that analogy. Is poking the bear meant to be making a provocative statement and having a gun ready at hand meant to symbolise stepping away from a conversation without addressing the other side in a fair and respectful manner? That honestly sound just like trolling to me.

And that may be what you are going for, but you also mention humor. And I don't see any of that in there, so maybe you can elaborate what you actually meant to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: usern4cr

bluezurich

5D3 Curmudgeon
Dec 17, 2013
I was merely pointing out the futility of the argument to the OP. OTOH, it is sometimes fun to poke a bear so long as you use a long stick and have the safety off on the 30-06. Look in the mirror and question where your sense of humor went. :--).
No, the politix. I have a sense of humor longer than your stick and my posts are public to see... yours are just well, untimely and as we all know, in humor timing is everything.But as I see you interject gun references in as well so the source gray matter material is even more obvious.We're not on Parler here.

Reactions: usern4cr and Joules
<-- start Taboola -->