The Canon EOS R5 will begin shipping on July 30, 2020

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
I think that's expecting a bit too much, that is what the C300 Mark III is good for, and only because it has low megapixels, as when it engages that DGO mode, the rolling shutter doubles (but still fairly good)
If the non-8K recording modes are line-skipped, then the rolling shutter might be a lot better. We'll have to wait.
Everything offered in this camera was actually more than any of us expected... so I’m just continuing on that trajectory.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this is almost certainly not true.

The C300iii was announced months ago, and still isn’t shipping despite promises it would be released in June.
I know you posted again that they did release it now. But who was your source? This website? I think also that for the C300ii, there was more time before the announcement of the product and the release date. A lot more could happen then, especially as all the lock-downs were more of the unknown that it is today.

Upvote 0
The sooner, the better. That means the reviewers will get it in their hands and the next couple months will be real-world results. Then, the holidays will be right around the corner and hopefully, holiday price cuts. If the R5 ends up being as good as it's being described, it'll be time to retire my 5DM3 finally!
There are two videos on here already , have a look at the first two pages , but they don't go live until tomorrow

Upvote 0
Jun 9, 2020
Err, help me out...

So far it sounds like an expensive but fast mirror less 5DS which is admittedly a good thing but hardly Earth-moving. Unless the AF is astonishing, but we don't know that yet.

Yeah I think you are completely wrong here. Canon is throwing everything they have at this thing, the 5ds was hardly that.

Ibis
Raw video
4k 120 422
Eye and face af
12 fps

How many of these things or similar did the 5DS have? (Hint: none)

Not only are these canon firsts but industry firsts for a mirrorless camera under 4k

For me these things are groundbreaking, I realise everyone might not share my view, but comparing it to the 5ds is unfair.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

"This is my first camera review, ever. And what a camera to do it on, the Canon Eos R5. When I first transitioned from DV Tape to digital in 2010, I used the Canon 5D Mark II which revolutionized the industry back then, and I think Canon has gone and done it again with the Eos R5. This camera is truly remarkable and I thoroughly enjoyed using it for a few days.

I took the Eos R5 to the Warrumbungle National Park and shot some landscapes and a couple of friends climbing. I thought this would really test the resolution and detail in the RAW and HEVC codecs. 8K RAW video is phenomenal, and it performed really well.

You do miss all the features of a true video camera, but for what it is (a mirrorless hybrid camera), it really is a leap in technology for current times. The review mainly focuses on the video side of the R5 and is broken up into 3 chapters.

Chapter 1 - Video
Chapter 2 - Stills
Chapter 3 - Usability "

Looking forward to the review even though my budget only allows me to get the R6

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
are You sure this guys didn’t plan an elaborate scam to attract the photo Community to his channel ? Why would a guy with 24 subs be a candidate To review the eos r 5 before everyone else ? And would canon really allow him to confirm to the world that the eos r5 is launching tomorrow ?
Canon launched the event much before that and it has been in the hands of many youtubers. It is really no secret at all, they just need to wait until the DNA lifts to release their videos.
It seems like he is an affiliate of Canon Australia.

Upvote 0