The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS will be available globally on January 26, 2023

Got mine yesterday and Im happy to say it is fantastic!

I used to own the 2.0 EF Version and sold it for a Zeiss Milvus 135 2.0 for max IQ. This was hands down the best lens I have ever used in every aspect. However as I have a little toddler it was just not convenient enough without autofocus and I sold it after a year and bought the RF 70-200 2.8 instead. What can I say, I am not a zoom guy. The autofocus was amazing but IQ just wasn’t in the same league as the Zeiss so I waited desperately for this release, sold the 70-200, received the 135mm yesterday, took it out, saw the pictures on the screen…well, it is as good as the Zeiss, different character but as good. Flawless IQ, really fast autofocus and surprisingly feels light in the hands. Perfect for my needs. It is sharper than my favorite lens, the RF 50mm 1.2.
I tried it on my Canon R and R6 Mark II.

Attachments

• BC84B643-3937-4BAC-931F-9B6C0F4929DE.jpeg
    BC84B643-3937-4BAC-931F-9B6C0F4929DE.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
Got mine yesterday and Im happy to say it is fantastic!

I used to own the 2.0 EF Version and sold it for a Zeiss Milvus 135 2.0 for max IQ. This was hands down the best lens I have ever used in every aspect. However as I have a little toddler it was just not convenient enough without autofocus and I sold it after a year and bought the RF 70-200 2.8 instead. What can I say, I am not a zoom guy. The autofocus was amazing but IQ just wasn’t in the same league as the Zeiss so I waited desperately for this release, sold the 70-200, received the 135mm yesterday, took it out, saw the pictures on the screen…well, it is as good as the Zeiss, different character but as good. Flawless IQ, really fast autofocus and surprisingly feels light in the hands. Perfect for my needs. It is sharper than my favorite lens, the RF 50mm 1.2.
I tried it on my Canon R and R6 Mark II.
Congratulations! Nice bokehlicious pic!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Yes 15.2
Weird it shows in Camera Raw when I'm using Photoshop but not showing up in the Lens Correction Panel in Lightroom Classic. I guess it's because I'm on Lightroom Classic 10.4 and didn't want to upgrade. I can see now that the Camera Raw in Lightroom Classic is still at 13.4.

Is there a way to update the Camera Raw for Lightroom Classic without having to update Lightroom Classic? I'm just not a fan of the new way they have the masking. Probably gonna have to update I guess.

Upvote 0

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
Is there a way to update the Camera Raw for Lightroom Classic without having to update Lightroom Classic?
If they were smart they'd have a folder somewhere with information for each lens, maybe with a subfolder for each maker or something, and to add a lens would just be copying a file.

But it's possible they have one big file with all lens info in it and you'd have to change that one big file.

Even in that case if they were smart it'd be hand-editable text but I bet it'd be either an non-human-readable binary file, or a non-human-readable text file like xml or something.

Upvote 0

macrunning

Enjoying the Ride
Feb 12, 2021
WA
Adobe is very smart at milking customers! In this case the upgrade from 10.6 to the latest is at no extra charge.
Not everyone wants to update to the latest version. I for one can't stand the new way to do masking in Lightroom. Also this isn't single point sales software anymore, it's subscription based so it's not really an 'upgrade' at no extra charge.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Not everyone wants to update to the latest version. I for one can't stand the new way to do masking in Lightroom. Also this isn't single point sales software anymore, it's subscription based so it's not really an 'upgrade' at no extra charge.
The subscription is the base charge, there is no extra charge for the upgrades (yet). Whether you feel if a more recent version is an upgrade for your workflow or not: that is a different discussion.

Upvote 0