The Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM announcement draws closer

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It'll be interesting to see what their design choice will be on the f/4 version. If it has an internal zoom, it's quite possible that the teleconverters will work.
Interesting idea - I was shure they will do it as extending zoom for "stow away compactness" but maybe they have found an optical formular to make it internal but still quite compact (with enouth space for TCs).
Would be great to have f/8 with 2x TC after we do no longer have fear for f/11 primes !

Upvote 0
I have upgrade fever for an R6, because I can't swing an R5 anytime in the near future. I have the EF 70-200F4LIS, and love it. I wonder how much better this one will be? Also will it do the full 12/20FPS? I think all RF native lenses do.

-Brian
Same here. I expect a shorter and lighter (than adapter+lens) system and I expect some strong optimization for cooperative IS (IBIS + lens) and some nano-USM implementation to exploit the video capabilties of the R5/6 cameras.
I do not expect some stellar improvement of IQ because there is not too much to gain - IMO it is excellent (but not tests with more than 26 MPixels in FF land. By the way:; I am speaking about the mark i IS lens.

Upvote 0
I have upgrade fever for an R6, because I can't swing an R5 anytime in the near future. I have the EF 70-200F4LIS, and love it. I wonder how much better this one will be? Also will it do the full 12/20FPS? I think all RF native lenses do.

Has anyone seen the attainable framerates by various adapted EF lenses? If it exists I haven't seen it. Interested mostly for my 100-400 II and 70-200/2.8.

Upvote 0

Danglin52

Wildlife Shooter
Aug 8, 2018
Has anyone seen the attainable framerates by various adapted EF lenses? If it exists I haven't seen it. Interested mostly for my 100-400 II and 70-200/2.8.
I don't think there is any difference in frame rate between EF/RF lenses. This one will really hard to measure without some testing tools. The only difference I would expect would be in IBIS effectiveness. The RF lenses communicate more information and should provide better co-operation between he body/lens.

Upvote 0