The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
SIGMA has announces which lenses will be coming to the RF mount in 2024 and the first one will hit the market in July of this year. The cavaet? Just like the initial launch of Z mount lenses for Nikon, they first round of lenses for the RF mount from SIGMA will be for APS-C.

See full article...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Back on topic:
... in-camera aberration correction* and in-camera image stabilisation. ...
These two caught my attention. Sounds like real close licence agreement. (y)

I was about to write "Not interested!" but this makes me rethink.
Esp. for the 23 and 56 mm. But I want to see RL AF performance first...

Upvote 0
Not gonna lie, I would like the Sigma 14/1.4 and 15/1.4 Fisheye on my R5 (or the Canon equivalent, I don't really care who makes it).
I'd really like some of their full frame lenses released too (particularly the I series primes). Just found it funny people demanded 3rd party lenses, Canon delivered, and they just moved the goalposts and kept complaining.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
I'd really like some of their full frame lenses released too (particularly the I series primes). Just found it funny people demanded 3rd party lenses, Canon delivered, and they just moved the goalposts and kept complaining.
I mean people will keep complaining until the entire portfolio of Sigma lenses are available on RF. Meanwhile, Canon will do what makes sense for Canon financially, whatever forum commenters like us say.

Upvote 0

Stig Nygaard

EOS R7, Powershot G5 X II & Olympus TG-5
CR Pro
Jul 10, 2013
Copenhagen
www.flickr.com
Hallelujah!

Thanks to Sigma, my first "native" APS-C RF-S lens purchases are coming up. None of Canon's own RF-S lenses has been of any interest to me...

The 10-18mm will be the standard wideangle in my photobag for sure. Ideally I wish somebody would make something going a bit wider, which I think would be "easy" with shorter flange-distance of mirrorless (dream wideangle zoom would be 9-20mm). But not really the time to complain. A constant f/2.8 APS-C wideangle zoom is something Canon would never make themself for APS-C. Thanks Sigma!

The 18-50mm? Well again, I wish it was wider. Like 15-50. But maybe.

Primes. Never used primes a lot. But f1.4? Got to have at least one:)

Upvote 0