The New Canon EOS R6 firmware v1.3.0 has been pulled globally

here in Switzerland, on Canon.ch swiss site, downloaded 1.3 yesterday for my R6, installed it. Works fine but haven't tried highframe rate with crop mode, and I don't have EF-S lenses anymore... so I'll just shoot highframe rate in fullframe for the time being. BTW today the swiss Canon.ch site is no more showing firmware 1.3 but is back to 1.2 again.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Canon UK have got v1.3.1 firmware on their website.

Thanks for the heads up. R5 is still on 1.30, which augurs well.

Upvote 0
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2019
I find all of this quite interesting given that the R5 and R6 were developed with similar components. No system is immune and Sony A1 users are struggling with the EVF blacking out in certain circumstances. My message to Canon is quit ignoring your users and focus (no pun intended) on providing meaningful updates to your still photographer customers including: 1) variable frame rate for ES in continuous mode, 2) increased programmability of buttons, 3) ZEBRAS for stills!

Upvote 0
I think some days ago someone here wrote that the 1.3.0 changelog would be too good to be true and he would never believe it. Turned out to be true then.

Give them some time for more features I'd suggest.
I feel like since the release of the R5 and R6 they already did more for the new cameras in that short amount of time than for my 6D2 and 6D and 70D and 60D altogether.

Upvote 0
I am always the quick updater on anything software related. I want the often new features so I jump on the firmware immediately. Luckily I do not have the R6 at this time and did not experience this. This is very surprising for Canon that such a serious issue presented itself so quickly. This will give me pause for any future updates. Good luck for those R6 users out there that did update.

Upvote 0