The Unofficial Canon Rumors FAQ

CR Admin, let's make this one the official CR FAQ *!

* fun answers for questions

May I suggest one more FAQ entry? ::)

Question: what is the best balance between megapixel, frame rate per sec, base ISO, pixel pitch, and weight?
Answer: (in the voice of The God of Photography) 42, 42, 42, 42, and 42. And just FYI, the ultimate version on 1D X will be Mk 42!

Upvote 0

Old Shooter

Never met a gadget I didn't like!
Oct 1, 2011
Ontario, California
Question 12: That's a great shot! How did you get that effect?

Answer 12a: It was quite simple, actually! I downloaded the file onto a Commodore 64 running my own version of Linux. After a little tweaking in *mumble* I re-imaged the file as a .docx and projected it via infrared onto some old Polaroid 600 film I keep in a state of stasis. I scanned the positive with my Hasseldrum photon imager (2 in existence) and re-opened in Lightroom 10 (I'm a beta tester) for some work on the noise reduction. The file was saved as a 32-bit .BUFF and exported to Windows 3.1 Image Editor for final printing. Oh! And I pressed "Auto Correct" just prior to "Print". You know, I looked at your gear, and I should not have to explain to someone with a Rebel XT how to do this! :mad:

Answer 12b: Neuro helped me... 8)

Answer 12c: I pointed my iPhone at the sun and pressed the little do-hicky at the bottom...

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
bvukich said:
Since he has the lead on hours spent here, by a comfortable margin... I would hope he'd go relax, take a nap, watch a movie, or something!

Is it cheating if i've set my login-timeout to 9999 minutes? (that way I only have to re-log in every few days or so, i never bother rebooting my pc).

@OP, if that was a way to see how quick you can go up in karma, I think you've nailed it.

And another one:
Question: Why should I buy a dslr when my latest iToy/smartphone takes way better photos than the 934D and uploads them straight to facetwitter+ so my friends can see how professional a photographer I am?

Answer a Then don't buy one.
Answer b But you get to have all the wonder of 17fps and changeable lenses from 4.5mm fisheye up to 2400mm superubertelephoto with IS and USM and other fancy acronyms, and another thing...
Answer c But the new 825D with 56Megapixels and 19fps is coming out soon and will be soooo much better than anything...
Answer d You people are sheep, stop buying Apple, they're more evil than microsoft ever was in the 90s, give me a linux pc and film camera, i'm going to listen to music on my turntable and watch my CRT television...

(ok, you'll probably only get Answer d if i'm posting that day).

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it. I loved the additions that were posted, especially the Douglas Adams reference.
I really enjoy this forum and the positive demeanor it generally maintains. I've learned all sorts of interesting tidbits about photography here. It's very interesting to hear and understand how others use their equipment and get some of the great shots they post. My time here has made me a better photographer as well as provided entertainment.
Thanks to everyone who makes Canon Rumors a great place to visit.

Upvote 0