There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Well, my best advice is....keep saving now....as that neither are going to be "inexpensive".

They likely won't cost the moon, but they won't be cheap either. And also, take into consideration that you're likely to have to buy a few, expensive new memory cards too....so, use this down time to save your pennies.

I am.
Actually, $2,000-$3,000 for just the camera IS the moon to many of us.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Hmm....that sounds pretty much like the opposite of "social distancing".....hahaha
The world economy is tanking and there’s a nasty virus going around. The teens I know are far more upset that their birthday parties and proms are canceled. I’d probably have not refrained from necking at that age if a pandemic and economic collapse was happening either. ;) Survival of the species!

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I have one kid just old enough to start learning how to use a camera. The other, learning not to touch my camera!
Gave my near 3 year old grandson two old film cameras and a couple of old lenses. Follows me around when we go shooting together. Those are the only things I have never seen him throw across the room. He’s very careful with them, cleans his lenses, and keeps them stored in his camera bag until we go out again. Weird. Otherwise he’s a little hooligan and nothing is safe. He’s had them nearly a year now and hasn’t broken any of it.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Oh ok. So maybe not as accurate as i thought . Lots of suggestions that many who co tract the virus have extremely mild and in same cases, non existent symptoms. In this case they would never be tested would they? Have you ever been to the doctor for mild cold symptoms? If that is accurate the real number of cases is likely to be far far higher.perhaps double or triple that which has been recorded. But. If the testing in Hubei province has been extensive enough(ie forced testing of a citizens) then the chart would be accurate. I am curious as to which it is.

In China the government is extremely authoritarian. They shut down the entire province and pretty much confined most people to their homes. They did contact tracing to test everyone who had come into contact with confirmed cases. They then did contact tracing on all of those individuals who tested positive. They then did contract tracing on all of those individuals who tested positive until the chain ended with negative results by those whom had contacted no one else for at least a week.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
I'd like to know the price so I can determine if my bank account has a production delay as well.

If this thing keeps going on as long as most health and medical professionals are predicting, ALL of our bank accounts are going to have production delays.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
If this thing keeps going on as long as most health and medical professionals are predicting, ALL of our bank accounts are going to have production delays.
Yes, recession is settling in. I can see this in my enterprise sales books, financial services sector feels it already. Think 2008 recession. People are loosing jobs. “austerity” directives being circulated in enterprise world. A financial discipline is something that I thinking of right now.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Yes, recession is settling in. I can see this in my enterprise sales books, financial services sector feels it already. Think 2008 recession. People are loosing jobs. “austerity” directives being circulated in enterprise world. A financial discipline is something that I thinking of right now.
It's starting to look more like a depression coming, to me. Add to that all the ideological hatred and fear (on both political poles) that's built up over the last 35-40 years and we have a perfect storm brewing. I hope I am wrong. Hopefully the good that comes out of all this is a restoration of the belief that there is some good in each of us that transcends politics.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
I received an rumor, Canon will delay announcing/shipping the new "R" bodies, as they are in fear of lesser sales due to worldwide economic shutdown (and Postponement of the Olympics ) and lesser personal income. Who heared similar, or is this fake?
If I were Canon, I would be in fear of lesser sales due to worldwide economic shutdown, postponement of the Olympics, lesser personal income, and delay in shipping the anticipated new bodies.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I received an rumor, Canon will delay announcing/shipping the new "R" bodies, as they are in fear of lesser sales due to worldwide economic shutdown (and Postponement of the Olympics ) and lesser personal income. Who heared similar, or is this fake?

I would think that having a longer time to sell the cameras would be a good thing, waiting out a crisis means no sales at all.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Will the R5 and R6 come out in June or July with a limited number bodies and later with full production numbers? How much R6 cost? I would guess 1599 to 1999 with an outside hope of 1399.

Those are in the original "R" price range.

While I hope you and the others professing LOW prices are right.....I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

I think its gonna be a good bit more than that...

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The world economy is tanking and there’s a nasty virus going around. The teens I know are far more upset that their birthday parties and proms are canceled. I’d probably have not refrained from necking at that age if a pandemic and economic collapse was happening either. ;) Survival of the species!
My generation of hippies started the, if it feels good, do it, slogan. We have been moving too far in the, "if it's good for me who cares about society", direction. IMHO

Jack

Upvote 0