Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>24-70 f/2.8L IS

<span style="font-weight: normal;">Lots of emails with tales of “I was told not to buy the current one”. Nothing of note beyond that.</span> </strong></p>
<p><strong>New Rebel [CR1]

<span style="font-weight: normal;">I was told there will be no 2000D. The T1i will remain current. I’m inclined to believe there will be a cheaper Rebel launched.</span></strong></p>
<p><strong>New 500 & 600

<span style="font-weight: normal;">I was told we could expect to see these lenses hit the market as early as summer 2011.</span></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="font-weight: normal;">All is pretty quiet.</span></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Stuart

Hi, Welcome from an ePhotozine fan, & 6D user.
Jul 22, 2010
London & Woking
www.ephotozine.com
"All is pretty quiet."
True, the 60D was a key release for me and now i feel let down from Canon. I hear of super big or massive megapixel sensors but nothing new to excite regular consumer photographers. I guess they think everyone wants video to the detriment of photo progress.
I hope the Sony Alpha55 and Nikon D7000 wake canon up with some tech advances.

Upvote 0

Stuart

Hi, Welcome from an ePhotozine fan, & 6D user.
Jul 22, 2010
London & Woking
www.ephotozine.com
The D300S seems to have pretty good cashbacks at present in the Uk. This is sometimes an indicator or new release dates.

"Nikkon is offering a sensational new deal on its exceptionally agile DX-format DSLR flagship, D300S camera.
Buy a 12.3 MP D300S and a NIKKOR lens costing more than £400 between now and October 31st and you can claim £200 cashback on your purchase."

Upvote 0
P

pazuzu

Norkusa said:
Any chance the 24-70 f/2.8L IS will be under $2000 when finally released?

I expect a 24-70 f/2.8L IS lens to run at least $2K and, depending on the reviews, I would gladly pay every penny for it. What I'd really like to see is a 24-105 f/2.8L IS which would allow overlap with the 70-200 f/2.8L that I currently own. A 24-105 f/2.8L IS lens would help to reduce the number of lens changes needed at a shoot. Ah, to dream...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.