2 x 5D IV
- Feb 26, 2017
Apologies for jumping in, but this (and number of similarly juicy) bit is.. factually incorrect. not to be direct hereWhat claim does Canon make that is a blatant lie?
... Set to redefine mirrorless, today’s update confirms the incredible recording capabilities of the EOS R5 including internal 8K RAW up to 29.97fps and suitability with high-end production workflows....
please note: not single * in the text with reference to possible limitations in relation to the specs of the camera.
On the set of high-end productions such as commercials, dramas and documentaries, the EOS R5 is an ideal partner to the likes of Canon’s brand-new EOS C300 Mark III – a next generation modular Cinema EOS System camera launched today. In addition to the EOS R5’s outstanding still photography specifications, which make it ideal for behind the scenes capture, it’s an ideal support filming camera offering:
- 8K RAW – non-cropped, internal recording up to 29.97fps
- Non-cropped, internal recording 8K video capture – up to 29.97fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
- Non-cropped internal recording 4K video capture – up to 119.88fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
- 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ output via HDMI at 4K 59.94fps
- Dual Pixel AF is available in all video modes at all resolutions and frame rates
- 5 axis optical IBIS/ enabling Lens IS and camera IBIS to be combined
- Dual card slots – 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II