To Kit or Not to Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Just curious about other people's experience/thoughts.

Everyone knows that the best deal from traditional retailers like B&H and Adorama is to buy the 24-105 mm "L" kitted with either a 6D or 5DIII.

But, lately, I've noticed that the bargain dealers on eBay often run specials selling the white box lenses and the 6D or 5DIII separately for less than what they offer the body and lens kits for (or at least that's what the math seems to be to me when I compare prices).

I get why retailers would split the kits and sell them separately to make a bit more profit, but I would think they would be just as happy to offer the same discount for the unbroken kit, yet I'm not seeing that. Anyone else getting that impression and any suggestions why that might be?

If you bought a full frame recently, did you buy it as a kit or separately?

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
The extra cost of the kit with lens is $600. if you can find it sold separately for less, grab it.
Big Value sells a split kit for $720 for the lens and 1769 for the body, total = $2489.

Adorama sells a USA model with Canon warranty for $2499 plus a 4% store reward ($100) which will buy a nice memory card, or a spare Canon battery and have enough left over to get a nice memory card for half price.
If you wait for a one day special deal, you might save $100 on ebay and break even with the Adorama deal, its pot luck.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.