Topaz Labs launches Photo AI 2, a great addition to any workflow

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Topaz Labs has launched Photo AI 2, one of our favourite pieces of software for our workflow with Lightroom Classic. Its ease of use and noise reduction and image sharpening has been a bit of a revelation. Pretty much every higher ISO image we like ends up going through Photo AI first. Topaz Photo AI

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Topaz Labs has launched Photo AI 2, one of our favourite pieces of software for our workflow with Lightroom Classic. Its ease of use and noise reduction and image sharpening has been a bit of a revelation. Pretty much every higher ISO image we like ends up going through Photo AI first. Topaz Photo AI

See full article...
I downloaded it as I am still in the upgrade period - you get used to upgrading Topaz AI once or twice a week as they continuously improve it. For the fun of it, I ran a very noisy image I have posted elsewhere here of a bird taken at iso 20k, heavily cropped, removing the noise as you go down the images using DxO PL6 (XD noise reduction) 2; DxO PL6 (XD noise reduction) followed by Topaz Denoise 3; Photoshop AI Enhanced 5; Topaz Denoise from RAW 7. They are all pretty good but I prefer DxO XD. PS takes ages to process. I find Topaz AI pretty useful and it does have its unique upscaling facility. What's also nice about Topaz is that its Denoise works very well on jpegs whereas the other two need RAW. As a plus, it means you don't have wait a few weeks or months til a new RAW converter from DxO comes out when a new camera model is released.

2_309A0186-DxO_Dunnock_iso20k_XD aut.jpg3_309A0186-DxO_Dunnock_iso20k_XD-topaz-denoise_standard_aut.jpg5_309A0186_Dunnock_iso20k_PS-Enhanced-NR aut.jpg7 309A0186-topaz-denoiserawV2_Normal aut.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0