UPDATED (CONFIRMED FAKE): Lots of Questions About the Alleged PowerShot G7 X Mark III Images

AvTvM said:
as long as "fake" photos show brilliant designs, much better than "regular genuine Canon products" I dont mind at all seeing them. Hopefully Canon sees them as well and takes some cues from them.

It's not brilliant, it's just more rounded with less information displayed (and sure, that may feel modern nowadays).

Canon is trying to be consistent in user experience across all camera models and in longer time span. Which means the User Interface, fonts, buttons and icons are similar everywhere and you can orientate immediately. Now can you imagine those icons and buttons on 1DX or 5D? Probably not, it would feel like a toy.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
AvTvM said:
as long as "fake" photos show brilliant designs, much better than "regular genuine Canon products" I dont mind at all seeing them. Hopefully Canon sees them as well and takes some cues from them.

I hope they don't. that would dumb down the user ergonomics down to a G9X level of usability, and possibly even further.

Even an EOS-M or G9X has more direct user input than that camera did.

Upvote 0