Used Canon Gear no longer for sale at LensRentals.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that Lensrentals.com is transitioning their used gear for sale to Lensauthority.com. I asked Lensrentals.com about this and received an e-mail saying that they were transferring their used gear slowly to lensauthority.com.

This disappoints me, as I have bought a few used items from Lensrentals.com and been very pleased with their service and the quality of the used gear. I've also been a pleased customer of their rental business.

I know nothing about Lensauthority.com and their site has very little info about them as a company. My hope is that it is owned by Lensrentals and that they've started a new site to handle sales. This would lead me to expect the same good service and quality control. Does anyone know anything about Lensauthority? Who they are? Where they are located? What their reputation is?

Jul 21, 2010
Too bad. The lensauthority.com website is devoid of company information beyond a contact email. Their terms seem the same as lensrentals (3-day inspection period, 90-day warranty). Similar information about the specific lenses, too. So, could be them. Domain name is registered by proxy, whereas lensrentals.com lists the business and Roger as contacts.

Time will tell...

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
I suspect that this will allow LR to focus on rentals. Sales of used equipment can take time and focus away from the rental business. Better to get a fixed price, now, for the used equipment and move on. I suspect that this is easier at tax time too. Then LA can sell the used equipment.

In the end, I suspect this is due to accounting tricks and tax savings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.