Very interesting movie camera comparo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a VERY interesting technical documentary comparing currently available single-chip movie-capable cameras, including the Canon 7D, 5DII, and 1DIV. Well-done, interesting, and extremely educational. Part 1 of 3, the rest coming in the next 2 months.

http://www.zacuto.com/the-great-camera-shootout-2011/episode-one

I know this is not exactly a rumor-based post, but the clip does give one some insight into what the Canon engineers are up against, and what areas they will likely be trying to improve in forthcoming movie-centric camera models.

Have a look, the results may be somewhat surprising, especially concerning how the Canon cameras compare to each other. I'm not a movie guy, but still thought this was pretty good stuff.

I'm kinda shocked how well the 7D did compared to it's bigger brothers... In the usability tests, it easily bested the 5d mII and 1d4 in highlight detail and slightly edged both in shadow detail. On paper it wouldn't suggest that the crop sensor is that good but damn. Please post links when they come out with the 2nd and 3rd movie when they put them up. Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.