Voigtlander to Start Making Digital Cameras?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
A rumor has surfaced that says Voigtlander Cosina may have plans to enter the digital camera market. There are no details on what type of cameras or systems Voigtlander could make.</p>
<p>A lot of people would potentially be interested in a Leica M type of digital Bessa rangefinder, especially if the cost significantly undercuts the pricing of the M system.</p>
<p>There have been Voigtlander digital cameras in the past, but they were OEM rebranded entry level cameras. They also worked with Epson on the RD-1 digital rangefinder back in 2007.</p>

Nov 4, 2011
A non-rangefinder full-frame sensor mirrorless camera along the lines of Sony A7 series but with Leica M mount (patent has expired) but with electrical contacts/chip that would allow use of a) current M lenses as well as b) new, native Cosina AF lenses could be interesting and successful, if well done.

It would draw leica customers, sony FF customers and Fuji X customers and Nikon DF customers who like retro-ish gear.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
And if Cosina really got balls they'd go digital medium format abd bring the first true-size 6x6 sensor in a Voigtlander Bessa IIID. Keep looks of it, but not range-finder mechanism inside, but regular mirrorless design with EVF and electronic focusing aids. And a screen on back of course.

If priced right, that would really make a splash in the market!

Upvote 0

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
I just love the sound of this rumor!!!! I own one of their lenses for my MFT system...and it is an incredible lens. I like their approach. To photography and they "most times" create quality lenses....Iwould definitely be intrigued to see what they come up with as a digital camera body...I am thinking FF...right?....BRING IT ON!!!

Upvote 0