wedding video 5D mkiii Hillbilly music

Right on.. good work. I have only filmed one wedding video for a relative... stressful but went ok. They loved it so thats all that matters. Thinking about doing some more but definitely would want another at least one other shooter. I did it solo and was challenging to cover all the shots. I set up a HV20 on a tripod and just ran that for the whole ceremony and then took beauty shots from various points. A few questions on yours if you don't mind.

What did you use for a slider? I have an igus and find it a little sticky, looking into building a motorized belt drive. Yours seemed a little sticky too or maybe that was just on my playback.

How many other shooters on that one?

Did you just do a highlight film or some full edits?

Did you have a steadicam with your DSLR or another camera? Been thinking about getting a steadicam as I do a lot of realtor videos but if I do, might get a different camera that has autofocus. I still find my walk throughs a little soft.

Upvote 0

Cgdillan

HDSLR Cinematographer/Photograper
Mar 20, 2012
1992-06-25
www.StockhamMedia.com
pardus said:
Right on.. good work. I have only filmed one wedding video for a relative... stressful but went ok. They loved it so thats all that matters. Thinking about doing some more but definitely would want another at least one other shooter. I did it solo and was challenging to cover all the shots. I set up a HV20 on a tripod and just ran that for the whole ceremony and then took beauty shots from various points. A few questions on yours if you don't mind.

What did you use for a slider? I have an igus and find it a little sticky, looking into building a motorized belt drive. Yours seemed a little sticky too or maybe that was just on my playback.

How many other shooters on that one?

Did you just do a highlight film or some full edits?

Did you have a steadicam with your DSLR or another camera? Been thinking about getting a steadicam as I do a lot of realtor videos but if I do, might get a different camera that has autofocus. I still find my walk throughs a little soft.

Thank you BTW :) i use the konova slider and i absolutely love it. the stickiness was probably in your playback cause the slider is incredibly smooth. It has 4 ball bearing that roll against 2 rails and it is smooth. It has no friction anywhere. I also wouldn't use a motorized belt with the slider for run-n-gun stuff. i find it quicker and more reliable to just use my hands.

that one was a single shooter - just me =-)

For this one just a highlight.

I use a glidecam hd 4000. i do real estate as well. http://www.stockhammedia.com/realestatefilms/
I use my 5D mkIII and my bower 14mm f/2.8 and it is definitely not soft. i would never use my 24mm for RE because of the shallow DOF.

Upvote 0

Cgdillan

HDSLR Cinematographer/Photograper
Mar 20, 2012
1992-06-25
www.StockhamMedia.com
Upvote 0