Wet Spaniel

Mar 14, 2014
Mar 14, 2014
sunseeker said:
Great shots Dan, particularly the last one shown here (FQ2A9947). It seems really flying! You caught the action.
Looking through your gallery in Flickr, it's fun to see a lady which hairwise really looks like the dog (FQ2A0475)! :)
5D3+200mm f/2+talent = great results!

scottkinfw said:
You nailed it.
Great work.

sek

Cheers guys, I look forward to trying out some proper portraits outside with this beauty :D

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
dancook said:
My friend had been asking for some shots of her dog for a while, after seeing some of her own she put up on Facebook - I felt it was time I offered to help :)
Hi Dan!

Again really nice work, I think, she will be pleased with your help ;)

Some c+c, if you like to read it:
My fav is FQ2A9855, because i like the colour, the oof highlights, and most of all the diagonal line of the path.
Maybe you could even improve it by cutting of a little of the left part to get the dog a bit more decentered and the strenghen the diagonal line and the running action a bit more.
Just a bit to also reduce the in-focus grass which is leading the view to the left.

Also really wonderful is FQ2A9764:
Fur and water spraying - always great. And I believe it really improved putting it to b+w.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2014
Maximilian said:
dancook said:
My friend had been asking for some shots of her dog for a while, after seeing some of her own she put up on Facebook - I felt it was time I offered to help :)
Hi Dan!

Again really nice work, I think, she will be pleased with your help ;)

Some c+c, if you like to read it:
My fav is FQ2A9855, because i like the colour, the oof highlights, and most of all the diagonal line of the path.
Maybe you could even improve it by cutting of a little of the left part to get the dog a bit more decentered and the strenghen the diagonal line and the running action a bit more.
Just a bit to also reduce the in-focus grass which is leading the view to the left.

Also really wonderful is FQ2A9764:
Fur and water spraying - always great. And I believe it really improved putting it to b+w.

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate any CC

Dudley - Cropped by dancook1982, on Flickr

Upvote 0
dancook said:
brett b said:
Very nice! I'm sure your help was much appreciated.
You really captured the character of that dog. I can feel his/her spirit in your images! Nice work!
What body & lenses did you use?

Thank you!

5dm3 and 200mm f2

It would make no business sense for me to purchase that lens, but I've wanted it for a long time. I'll have to find a way!
Again...great shots!

Upvote 0