What’s next from Canon?

D

Deleted member 68328

I wouldn't understand why Canon wouldn't release a 5D Mark V.

90% of the job is done.

Body and shape : just re-use the Mark IV, it's perfect
Sensor and DIGIC : just re-use the R5
AF : just re-use the AF of the 1D X III or a "lighter" version of it

Done.

I'd gladly buy such a camera. Throw at it something unique such as a feature to get rid of this AF micro-adjustment thingy and it's a dream come true.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
EOS M lens: I would really like an EF-M 15 - 60 f/4 IS lens with excellent IQ + internal zoom + focusing + 60mm outer diameter (f/4 @ 60mm = 15mm eff. aperture should support this) + 1:3 max. reproduction ratio. Just if it has a length of 100mm + 400 grams. I would pay ~600 Euro without hesitation ...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
What is up with all these STM lenses? You spend 4500 Euros on camera, thousands of Euros on cards, 15 000 on a PC, and then you go and buy yourself 300 Euro cheap lens? LOL IDK.

So a big complaint (on the forums at least) when the R and RP came along, was why all these expensive 'pro' lenses (like the 28-70 f/2) and only 'amateur' bodies. Now we have a range of bodies, a range of lenses of different levels seems sensible, no? Or did you forget the older bodies are still on sale?

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
I'm basing this off my experience with the EOS R. It's a lovely camera for people, but it's terrible for motorsports photography.

The R5 is far beyond the R. I am also an R owner, and I have used it for motorsports photography.

Not sure how 20 fps of 45MP with a brand new fast focusing system and an additional stop of DR as compared to the 5D MKIV isn't enough to do motorsports photography, but I'd be interested to understand what features you think it's lacking on that front?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Not if you care about long lens shooting and "reach". The R6 is too low resolution and the R5 too expensive.

Although arguably the new narrow aperture focusing capabilities means you can practicably mount longer focal lengths more cheaply, using extenders or the new budget superteles. It might tempt some people.

Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
What is up with all these STM lenses? You spend 4500 Euros on camera, thousands of Euros on cards, 15 000 on a PC, and then you go and buy yourself 300 Euro cheap lens? LOL IDK.

There's plenty of big, fast, expensive RF glass already available, and all of the big white EF still works perfectly with an adapter?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2019
Or how about an M7? I want the flagship M camera to have the features and speed of the R6, but with an M mount and 24MP APS-C sensor. I'm sure that they could make one about the size of the X-T30. And if Canon won't create an f/2.8-4 trinity of M lenses, then hopefully Sigma will, when they introduce the APS-C L-mount body and the trinity for that mount.
But m6 mII already checks all that,

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
There's plenty of big, fast, expensive RF glass already available, and all of the big white EF still works perfectly with an adapter?
Canon releases a bunch of high end lenses, and people complain. Canon starts to release less expensive lenses, and people complain. *sigh* ;)

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
So a big complaint (on the forums at least) when the R and RP came along, was why all these expensive 'pro' lenses (like the 28-70 f/2) and only 'amateur' bodies. Now we have a range of bodies, a range of lenses of different levels seems sensible, no? Or did you forget the older bodies are still on sale?

And yet, it would have been nice to see an RF 50mm f/1.4 IS nano-USM.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
And yet, it would have been nice to see an RF 50mm f/1.4 IS nano-USM.

We are getting 1.8 in that range. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to carry 3 excellent 50mm primes, 2 with IS. The f/1.2 is a true flagship and the f/1.8 I'm sure will be great and reasonably sized; there's not much 2/3 of a stop gives you that justifies having a "middle" option IMO.

Upvote 0

ReflexVE

Fujifilm X-H2S (M50 Veteran)
CR Pro
May 5, 2020
Renton, WA
An M50 style body with IBIS would be ideal for me. And an extra dial to make changing ISO/Aperture/Shutter Speed much faster would be a great bonus. That's it and I'll have a near perfect everyday camera.
This is pretty much what I'm looking for. Love my M50. Jealous of the new sensor and IBIS in the M6. Hoping for a Mk II as I really like the M50 form factor.

Upvote 0