When and where did you order your R5 and when did it arrive?

Oct 12, 2020
Same here, I ordered 8/3 still on backorder. Started seeing some comments about dates ordered and dates received which lead me here where I found out a few people who've ordered in September have already received theirs AND with $200 off! I waited all week to call B&H this morning only to be told my issues would be emailed to a supervisor.
Yeah I didn’t know what the 200$ off thing was, figured it was a promo I missed. I guess it won’t hurt to mention it in my email though. I’m a noob here, stumbled across the forum while searching for “Canon R5 shipping” on google. It seems like a lot of other people ordered from BH and got theirs, only thing I don’t know is if they ordered body only or with the lens.

Brian VA

I'm New Here
Dec 24, 2013
Ordered July 9 in the evening from Canon USA. Still waiting.
I called Canon again on Oct. 12. My order was messed up internally and I had to cancel the July 9 pre-order and place a new order. The new order was placed at the end of the line. My wait continues. Very disappointed in the Canon USA store. I ordered body only.

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Mar 25, 2011
Yeah I didn’t know what the 200$ off thing was, figured it was a promo I missed. I guess it won’t hurt to mention it in my email though. I’m a noob here, stumbled across the forum while searching for “Canon R5 shipping” on google. It seems like a lot of other people ordered from BH and got theirs, only thing I don’t know is if they ordered body only or with the lens.
The $200 off was for those who had signed up for the Kelby training course or some such thing. The code was shared and several were able to use it before it expired a few weeks ago. I was one who ordered using it on 9/15 and my camera arrived 2 weeks later. Apparently it may have given a unintended priority because there have been some who say they are still waiting.

This is the status page on the B&H website. I probably cut off the B&H when I copied the screen

B&H Ship.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020
I think I may be one of the fortunate ones as both my EF adapter and R5 were ordered and shipped yesterday and should be here on Thursday.

Sources:
EF adapter: https://www.bedfords.com/13803304893
R5: https://shop.texasmediasystems.com/Canon-EOS-R5-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-Body-Only_p_7622.html

Texas media shows backorder on their page but I called and he said he had it in stock and shipped it out the same day. Although I had to pay for shipping there was no tax to me in CA. They may have had the EF adapters as well but I did not ask because I found it on Bedford before calling about the R5.

Edit: This place shows in stock as well: https://procam.com/canon-eos-r5-mirrorless-digital-camera-body-only

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkRawkJay

bernie_king

EOS M50
Jun 30, 2014
Ordered on 7/5/2020 from my local shop. 1st on the list. Finally got my camera today. They also have an R6 body sitting on the shelf if anybody needs one message me and I'll give you the info.