When and where did you order your R5 and when did it arrive?

Same here, I ordered 8/3 still on backorder. Started seeing some comments about dates ordered and dates received which lead me here where I found out a few people who've ordered in September have already received theirs AND with $200 off! I waited all week to call B&H this morning only to be told my issues would be emailed to a supervisor.
Yeah I didn’t know what the 200$ off thing was, figured it was a promo I missed. I guess it won’t hurt to mention it in my email though. I’m a noob here, stumbled across the forum while searching for “Canon R5 shipping” on google. It seems like a lot of other people ordered from BH and got theirs, only thing I don’t know is if they ordered body only or with the lens.

Upvote 0
Ordered July 9 in the evening from Canon USA. Still waiting.
I called Canon again on Oct. 12. My order was messed up internally and I had to cancel the July 9 pre-order and place a new order. The new order was placed at the end of the line. My wait continues. Very disappointed in the Canon USA store. I ordered body only.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Yeah I didn’t know what the 200$ off thing was, figured it was a promo I missed. I guess it won’t hurt to mention it in my email though. I’m a noob here, stumbled across the forum while searching for “Canon R5 shipping” on google. It seems like a lot of other people ordered from BH and got theirs, only thing I don’t know is if they ordered body only or with the lens.
The $200 off was for those who had signed up for the Kelby training course or some such thing. The code was shared and several were able to use it before it expired a few weeks ago. I was one who ordered using it on 9/15 and my camera arrived 2 weeks later. Apparently it may have given a unintended priority because there have been some who say they are still waiting.

This is the status page on the B&H website. I probably cut off the B&H when I copied the screen

B&H Ship.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I think I may be one of the fortunate ones as both my EF adapter and R5 were ordered and shipped yesterday and should be here on Thursday.

Sources:
EF adapter: https://www.bedfords.com/13803304893
R5: https://shop.texasmediasystems.com/Canon-EOS-R5-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-Body-Only_p_7622.html

Texas media shows backorder on their page but I called and he said he had it in stock and shipped it out the same day. Although I had to pay for shipping there was no tax to me in CA. They may have had the EF adapters as well but I did not ask because I found it on Bedford before calling about the R5.

Edit: This place shows in stock as well: https://procam.com/canon-eos-r5-mirrorless-digital-camera-body-only

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like my BH has now changed to "Order Placed" ... hopefully this means progress!
Same here! I chatted with someone this morning with B&H and they said they're expecting Nov 2nd, I also called and requested a callback and that person said Oct 28. But now order shows "In Progress" and my CC has a pending charge.

Upvote 0

Here's the summary. It looks like we are not alone in our long wait for the R5.

On paper, 2021 looks extremely exciting for Canon and its loyal users. A bunch of new RF lenses are in the pipeline, which promise even more features and benefits than ever. However, no EOS R5s in the hands of many after three months of waiting is an issue that needs immediate redress. It’s rather pointless, and even a slap in the face to potentially announce all these new lenses when the body you need to attach them to is in some black hole vortex devoid of information or answers. I certainly hope Canon gets cracking and starts a new shipment batch as soon as possible. Patience is starting to wear thin for many — well, me at least! What do you think? Has Canon kicked an own goal here or will this all blow over before we know it?

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
If you are getting ready to order, FOR GOODNESS SAKES, choose One Day Shipping, NOT the stupid free shipping. That extra $15 often gets much better handling. MUCH better.

And if HAVE ordered but haven't received a shipping notice yet, just get on the phone and hold, hold, hold until you talk to a rep who can modify the order to ship overnight.

You'll thank me later!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
If you are getting ready to order, FOR GOODNESS SAKES, choose One Day Shipping, NOT the stupid free shipping. That extra $15 often gets much better handling. MUCH better.

And if HAVE ordered but haven't received a shipping notice yet, just get on the phone and hold, hold, hold until you talk to a rep who can modify the order to ship overnight.

You'll thank me later!

Ironically, no they won't, but not because you're wrong. Since they won't have seen what could have happened with fed ex free shipping, they won't know how much help you were.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Ironically, no they won't, but not because you're wrong. Since they won't have seen what could have happened with fed ex free shipping, they won't know how much help you were.
Likely anybody ordering an R5 has received some pretty badly handled gear along the way. I'm convinced at this point that paying for the overnight results in a better level of handling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Likely anybody ordering an R5 has, along the way, received some pretty badly handled gear along the way. I'm convinced at this point that paying for the overnight results in a better level of handling.

You may be right most of the time, but not all of the time: I typically buy something like that over the counter. I've used B&H for things like filters (and I think I bought my Tamron 18-200 from them because the local shop didn't carry it), and hard drives (and I had two arrive DOA in a box that looked undamaged), but never anything major.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
You may be right most of the time, but not all of the time: I typically buy something like that over the counter. I've used B&H for things like filters (and I think I bought my Tamron 18-200 from them because the local shop didn't carry it), and hard drives (and I had two arrive DOA in a box that looked undamaged), but never anything major.
We haven't had a camera shop within 400 miles for a decade. I hope I don't have to buy another camera for years.

Upvote 0