Where and how do you keep all your gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
candyman said:
I keep all my gear in a small office room that can be locked. It is on the 2nd floor (save from water/flooding). It is a dry room. Most of the gear is stored in a back-pack. So in case it is needed, I can quickly get it and go. My studio equipment is also stored in the office room. Because the room is locked, it is save for my children.
My back-pack is a Kata Slingbag (holds 2 DSLR, several lenses, flash, tripod/monopod and other assecoires)

Just a late security inspired thought...some posters have put up some fairly specific information that may be useful to some mongrel who wanted gear for free...You had better believe we're all quite easy to locate. Underestimate the criminal mind at your peril.

Until you have been burgled, you think it's never going to happen to you. We got done recently on a noisy stormy night while we were asleep upstairs. It's a horrible, expensive, breathtakingly time consuming affair.

Consider editing your posts with personal security in mind . This world isn't all sweetness and light. That's reality.

Paul Wright

Upvote 0
W

willrobb

I keep my digital gear divided between two large Lowepro back packs and my 70-200mm lens stays in it's padded case. My film gear stays in an old canon camera bag. Everything has silica packs to keep mositure related problems away (which is a problem in Japan in the summer months). When I shoot I take a bag depending on where I am going (old ruffed up Lowepro for dirty assignments, nice new one for corporate gigs) and pack whatever I need for that shoot only. If I have to take a lot I load my back pack onto a fold up trolley.

I clean my gear once a month I reckon. Lens and bodies get wiped down with cleaning fluid and dried off. I always have a blower in my bags and most times I take a lens cap off I give a little blow.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
pwp said:
candyman said:
I keep all my gear in a small office room that can be locked. It is on the 2nd floor (save from water/flooding). It is a dry room. Most of the gear is stored in a back-pack. So in case it is needed, I can quickly get it and go. My studio equipment is also stored in the office room. Because the room is locked, it is save for my children.
My back-pack is a Kata Slingbag (holds 2 DSLR, several lenses, flash, tripod/monopod and other assecoires)

Just a late security inspired thought...some posters have put up some fairly specific information that may be useful to some mongrel who wanted gear for free...You had better believe we're all quite easy to locate. Underestimate the criminal mind at your peril.

Until you have been burgled, you think it's never going to happen to you. We got done recently on a noisy stormy night while we were asleep upstairs. It's a horrible, expensive, breathtakingly time consuming affair.

Consider editing your posts with personal security in mind . This world isn't all sweetness and light. That's reality.

Paul Wright

Ah, yes. Right!
Good of you to bring that under my attention. Well, I guess I am a bit naïve. I will consider this with my next posts.
As for the storage of my gear: I have to relocate that - or split up. Lucky I have some other hidden chambers in this palace of mine

Thanks

Upvote 0
candyman said:
pwp said:
candyman said:

Paul Wright

Ah, yes. Right!
Good of you to bring that under my attention. Well, I guess I am a bit naïve. I will consider this with my next posts.
As for the storage of my gear: I have to relocate that - or split up. Lucky I have some other hidden chambers in this palace of mine

Thanks

I am installing 50 cal turrets as we speak!

What is interesting to note is the utter disparity here... from hygrometers and special cases to strewn all o'er the place... alas, I fall into the strewn everywhere category...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.