Where are the new FF cameras everyone was expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
I did not expect one. We were told earlier this year that Canon was not likely to be able to handle production of a new model this year. Perhaps effects of the Tsunumi are being overcome, but I did not expect a announcement this early in any event.

Same for Nikon. Thats why scammers are so successful, people want to believe and put reason aside when they read made-up rumors.

CR does not make up rumors, they pass along ones they receive from sources that sound credible or have been accurate in the past, but they are still just rumors, nothing solid. Just read them and have fun with them.

If you take them seriously, you are guaranteed to be disappointed.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I don't really care if we see new FF cameras, to be honest. I have a setup centered around an APS-C camera and I don't plan to change that anytime soon. I'm in need of better skills, not better equipment.

But I know that a lot of people are waiting. The 5d3 is one thing - it's been out for 3 years now and history suggests that an update would be due soon, although I wouldn't count on it after all that happened in Japan this year.

The only camera that is way overdue is the 1Ds and it has been even before the tsunami. I can only imagine that the Nikon D3/D3X caught Canon by surprise and they scrapped their original plans for the 1Ds4. In any case, it's been 4 years now and the 1Ds3 is missing a lot of stuff we take for granted these days, even in the most basic DSLRs (high-res screen, liveview AF or just native ISO above 1600). Of course that doesn't make the 1Ds3 a bad camera, it just makes it harder for the customer to justify the purchase.

Canon is doing well financially but that doesn't mean the competition isn't stealing market share from them in the high-end market.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.