Where are the RF T/S lenses? [inc. a look at the 30mm T/S for GFX]

OK, where are the Canon TS lenses for RF? Come to think of it, the Nikon Z mount PC-E lenses have not appeared either...

I've just finished a long test of the Fuji 30mm F5.6 TS lens [including some notes on the TS-E24 II] and it trounces any [wide] tilt/shift lens I've ever tested.

https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/fuji-30mm-ts-review/ [includes 2 videos 18 & 34 mins]

The shift and mount rotation are encoded in EXIF making correction of shifted images a whole lot easier [potentially - only C1 supports it at the moment]

So, for an RF 24mm T/S lens, how wide an aperture is needed? The F5.6 of the Fuji was more than enough for any application I'd use

The TS-E50, 90II and 135 show how good Canon can do - all perform well on larger sensors too.

If there was one thing my TS-E24 II reminded me of after the testing, it was just how far lens design has come on since the TS-E24 and 17 were released. I'm still happy to use it, but the quality of the Fuji 30mm on a GFX100S sure was impressive [even if it's a $4000 lens ;-) ]

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 10, 2021
OK, where are the Canon TS lenses for RF? Come to think of it, the Nikon Z mount PC-E lenses have not appeared either...

I've just finished a long test of the Fuji 30mm F5.6 TS lens [including some notes on the TS-E24 II] and it trounces any [wide] tilt/shift lens I've ever tested.

https://www.northlight-images.co.uk/fuji-30mm-ts-review/ [includes 2 videos 18 & 34 mins]

The shift and mount rotation are encoded in EXIF making correction of shifted images a whole lot easier [potentially - only C1 supports it at the moment]

So, for an RF 24mm T/S lens, how wide an aperture is needed? The F5.6 of the Fuji was more than enough for any application I'd use

The TS-E50, 90II and 135 show how good Canon can do - all perform well on larger sensors too.

If there was one thing my TS-E24 II reminded me of after the testing, it was just how far lens design has come on since the TS-E24 and 17 were released. I'm still happy to use it, but the quality of the Fuji 30mm on a GFX100S sure was impressive [even if it's a $4000 lens ;-) ]
I was looking forward to seeing your reviews on this. It's nice to see what Fuji has done amd I'm looking forward to seeing what Canon and Nikon are going to offer. Hopefully the price will be less...

Upvote 0