Will there be any announcements from Canon ahead of CP+ this month?

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
If you've been with Canon for 45 years, and the R5 isn't good enough for you now, and you can't wait any longer than 4 weeks from now or else you "jump ship" to GFX or A7X, then I guess you're not as into Canon as the rest of us. Hope you enjoy whatever you jump to, if that happens.
The potential marginal gains these ship jumpers desire, it kills me. I cannot imagine going through all the hassles of selling my bodies and glass for a 1/2 stop of DR or a mini xlr port etc etc.

Enjoy the skintones and crap menus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Please CANON !!

We Need an Announcement at CP+ Show
About the High Megapixel (90 MP ? )

R5S or RS

Camera with 300 Megapixel Pixel Shift
Feature

We've been waiting for 6 Years
Since the 5Ds/5DSr in 2015 !!

SONY IS REFRESHING THERE MODELS EVERY 24 MONTHS

If there is no Announcement at the CP+ Show,
I will be Reluctantly be Moving over to the
FUJI GFX 100s System or SONY A7X Models

After 45 years with CANON
Really? I mean....that's a lot of money to commit to change. Maybe you're just looking for an excuse to go medium format, and I guess that's fine. Or maybe your current gear has stopped working and you are unable to make money to support yourself, though the most expedient way to get back in business then would be to buy another of whatever you already have.

Or maybe you just have to have something new RIGHT NOW to satisfy the dopamine receptors we've all developed an addiction to. I know I suffer from that from time to time. I guess from my perspective as a hobbyist I just can't see a line in the sand where something is needed, or else "canon has given us no choice but to switch".

-Brian

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Please CANON !!

We Need an Announcement at CP+ Show
About the High Megapixel (90 MP ? )

R5S or RS

Camera with 300 Megapixel Pixel Shift
Feature

We've been waiting for 6 Years
Since the 5Ds/5DSr in 2015 !!

SONY IS REFRESHING THERE MODELS EVERY 24 MONTHS

If there is no Announcement at the CP+ Show,
I will be Reluctantly be Moving over to the
FUJI GFX 100s System or SONY A7X Models

After 45 years with CANON
What utter dross.

What image quality improvements are Sony bringing every 24 months for a landscape shooter?

Anybody that is comparing 135 format 50mp 14 bit output to digital ‘medium format’ 102mp 16 bit output for landscape use simply hasn’t used or doesn’t need the several year old current 102mp medium format look/style/IQ benefits.

What you say you need has been here for years, only better! And it now comes at a bargain price...

Upvote 0
Publicly, the only thing that Canon has promised which is outstanding is the next firmware release for the R5. Anything else? Given the price point of the A1, Canon may not feel the need to push this out quickly and may add other features which would be nice but the video data rates is the main feature. Fixing phenomenon like the infrequent freeze would be greatfully accepted.

Upvote 0

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
I'll be long shot hoping for the higher resolution version of the R5, but considering the silence I'm betting that's not happening. I can wish!

Yes, I'm afraid a wish is all it is right now. As it is I think I may be FORCED (lol) to buy an R5 as opposed to waiting for the R5s.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
"Whatever happens, I think something should be announced to get Canon’s name back in the news cycle for imaging."

Why? With demand for the R6 and R5 and RF lenses all outstripping supply and with a virtual show that no one is going to pay much attention to anyway, why would Canon feel any pressure at all to get their "name back in the news cycle"?

It's not like they run a website that has to constantly tease new products in order to retain readers. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0