Would anyone like to share their exprience with the G1X MKII

troppobash

CR Pro
May 29, 2014
:D

Great camera have a look at this post. i bought it in May when only the RX100II was out - do no regret it all as the Sony are too small for me to handle.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=21119.0

I take a camera to more places now as it is more discrete and the equivalent 24mm to 120mm is better than the competition. i have made my own sling shoulder strap with a rock climbing body sling and swivels and connector from the hardware store all for around $11 - beats all the others such as Black Rapid etc for cost and size.

Pluses: Solid feel, large 1.5" sensor, impressive high ISO, flash hot shoe - Canon in-camera flash control, unique dual lens ring control, good Canon colour reporduction; can do good adjustment with JPG - My Colour (contrast, saturation, blue, green, sharpness); basic wifi remote; GPS via wifi from smart phone; 1/4000 shutter; good lens performance; great f stop range - large aperture; 5cm macro; etc

Minuses: powershot software not EOS; cannot manipulate JPG and capture RAW at same time; obviously sensor is not as good as FF; cannot handle high contrast as an DSLR can; no built in GPS

I have recently purchased the filter adapter and a good quality circular polariser and that certainly adds to creating better pictures for landscape. I am also in the process of purchasing a good e-ttl flash to experiment with flash portraits on it.

Suggest you also download the manual and have a good read to help with your research.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0