Your best animal shots!

Unfortunately the original files (and therefore shot data) were lost to antiquity in a hard drive crash, but they were taken on a 700D with either the kit 18-55 or 55-250 lenses.

Sjbx3bv.jpg

PIm8MoD.jpg

BqBgZig.jpg

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
martti, that's outside my bedroom window here in central Alberta on a very cold day.

RedCentrePhoto, really like the first but somehow the last one doesn't appeal to me - oh for the good old days. ;)

Jack
I get your point, totally. There's always something a bit special about mustering on horseback. Unfortunately the property owner (the guy in the picture) suffered an injury some years back that prevents him from riding horseback any more, but he wasn't going to let that stop him from getting amongst it and contributing! ;D

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
OK, now I feel better. :)

Jack
I know I'm getting a bit off topic here, apologies, but most mustering in Australia is done via helicopter and dirt-bike now anyway. :'( The properties are so large that horseback is just no longer efficient unless you're going on a once-every-few-years expedition to drag out any stray beasts that have made their home in the more remote and inaccessible parts of a station.

The end of a very romantic and adventure-filled era, no doubt. But the demands of business profitability are made with very loud voices at times, so progress marches on :-\

Upvote 0