|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Fujinon XF 150-600mm f/5.6-8 R LM OIS WR
Valhalla, N.Y., May 31, 2022 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to introduce FUJINON XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR telephoto zoom lens (XF150- 600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR). Engineered for photographers who rely on extreme zoom capabilities, even in the most challenging photographic situations. From distant wildlife to sprawling landscape photography, XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR is designed to create long-distance images with pinpoint accuracy.
“The outstanding coverage that is achievable with this lens places a range of far- reaching subjects–including wildlife, nature, and landscape details–firmly within frame,” said Victor Ha, vice president, Electronic Imaging and Optical Devices Divisions, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “An incredible focal range paired with fast, reliable autofocus, and a perfectly balanced, lightweight design removes barriers between photographers and their subjects, so their only limitation is their own creativity.”
The lens consists of 24 lens elements in 17 groups including three extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and four Super ED elements, to deliver an advanced level of image resolution edge to edge across the entire zoom range.
Covering 35mm equivalent focal lengths of 229mm – 914mm, image makers can extend the reach of XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR through either FUJIFILM XF1.4X TC WR or FUJIFILM XF2X TC WR teleconverters. The lens’s longest focal length extends to 1200mm (35mm equivalent of 1828mm), closing distances in an instant.
The fast autofocus system, driven by a linear motor, attains precise focus quickly and accurately, even in the super-telephoto range, where focusing can be difficult due to a shallow depth of field.
Main XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR Product Features:
Fujifilm’s longest super-telephoto range delivers premium image quality
- HT-EBC coating, typically used on broadcast lenses, has been applied on all elements of XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR, to achieve high transmittance and low reflectance despite containing 24 lens elements.
- Compatible with FUJIFILM XF2X TC WR and XF1.4X TC WR.
- XF2X TC WR – 300mm to 1200mm
(35mm equivalent focal lengths of 457mm – 1828mm
- XF1.4 TC WR – 210mm to 900mm
(35mm equivalent focal lengths of 315mm – 1350mm
- XF2X TC WR – 300mm to 1200mm
Rugged yet lightweight design to reduce user load, enabling extended shooting in a variety of situations
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR weighs just 3.5 pounds (1605g)1 despite being a super-telephoto zoom reaching up to 600mm. Two super ED elements are used to keep the lens barrel small, while maintaining an advanced level of image-resolving performance. The use of an Inner Zoom system means the lens barrel maintains a constant length at every focal length. This results in a lightweight lens that zooms easily with no shift in weight distribution.
● The lens body is matte silver to mitigate temperature increase under even the most challenging wildlife, nature, and landscape photography environments.
● Magnesium alloy is used for the internal base frame that supports the lens structure to maintain durability, while keeping the overall lens weight low.
● The lens barrel is weather-sealed at 19 locations for dust and weather- resistance and the ability to operate at temperatures down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius).
5-stop image stabilization mechanism
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR features a high-precision sensor and control system to deliver up to 5-stops2 of optical image stabilization, making it easier than ever to make images at even the super-telephoto range.
Diverse functions for fast and silent autofocus (AF) and easy AF operation
● XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR uses the Inner Focus system, which drives the lens with a linear motor to achieve fast and silent AF. Focus is attained in as fast as 0.25 seconds,3 even in the hard-to-focus super-telephoto range.
● The Focus Preset function ensures the lens remembers the focus setting for a location pre-defined with the SET button4. Users can keep creating images without having to re-adjust focus on a targeted subject.
● The Focus Limiter allows users to restrict the lens AF range. This can effectively shorten AF time when photographing a subject that is 16 feet (5 meters) away or more. The Focus Control button is conveniently located at the front edge of the lens barrel4. The Focus Select switch may be used for added operability of AF and focus lock.
1 Without lens hood, lens cap, and tripod collar foot
2 Compliant with CIPA in pitch / yaw directions
3 AF speed measured at the telephoto end, using CIPA Guideline compliant measurement method, and when mounted on the FUJIFILM X-T4 mirrorless digital camera with Phase Detection AF activated and in High Performance Mode. The AF speed at the wide-angle end under the identical condition is approx. 0.15 seconds.
4 Fujifilm’s latest X Series digital camera firmware update must be downloaded to activate the lens Focus Preset function and the Focus Control button. An applicable firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-T4, FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-S10 digital cameras will be forthcoming.
Pricing and Availability
FUJIFILM XF150-600mmF5.6-8 R LM OIS WR is expected to be available in early July 2022 at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $1,999 USD and $2,550 CAD. For more information on this lens, visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/lenses/xf150- 600mmf56-8-r-lm-ois-wr/.
Fujinon XF 18-120mm f/4 R LM PZ WR
Valhalla, N.Y., May 31, 2022 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of FUJINON XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR lens (XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR), specifically designed for photographers, filmmakers, and image-makers creating both stills and video.
“This lens marks the first collaboration between FUJINON Optics and FUJIFILM X Series engineers, creating a truly hybrid solution for motion production professionals and enthusiasts alike,” said Victor Ha, vice president, Electronic Imaging and Optical Devices Divisions, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “Incorporating our inherent broadcast technology has allowed us to create a lens with both cinema and broadcast- style features that delivers smooth zoom, focus, and iris functionality.”
XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR covers focal lengths ranging from the wide-angle 18mm to telephoto 120mm (equivalent to 27mm – 183mm in the 35mm film format). The highly versatile 6.7x power zoom, with its compact design, facilitates a variety of shooting situations including landscape (wide angle) and portraiture (telephoto). The lens is also capable of producing premium-quality video due to the advanced video performance Fujifilm has nurtured in its broadcast and cinema lenses over many years.
The lens offers constant maximum aperture of F4.0 across the entire focal range from wide angle to telephoto. It also has a maximum magnification ratio of x0.2, adding versatility to how the lens can be used to frame images when subjects are closer to the lens.
Thanks to the expertise of FUJINON Optics engineers, XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR has minimal focus breathing. As a result, changes in angle of view and variances in optical axis shift that can occur when focusing or zooming the lens are kept to a minimum. In addition to the regular zoom and focus rings, the lens is equipped with other versatile video features including a variable zoom/focus control ring and a custom Fn button.
Main Product Features:
Broad range of focal lengths for superior stills and videos
• XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR comprises 15 lens elements in 12 groups, including three aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion (ED) elements, to effectively suppress spherical aberration, distortion, and chromatic aberration. The result is excellent image-resolving performance.
• Optimum positioning of the focusing element minimizes the effects of focus breathing.
Fast and highly accurate auto focus (AF)
• The lens uses an Inner Focus system, which drives the compact and lightweight group of focusing elements with a linear motor to achieve focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds1.
• XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR’s focus-tracking performance is dramatically improved when attached to the FUJIFILM X-H2S digital camera. The combination brings together X-H2S’s high-speed focus drive mechanism with XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR’s focus-tracking performance to easily track subjects, even while recording video.
Diverse video-filming functions for easy video production
• The aperture drive control in the XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR has been updated from that of other XF lenses to successfully suppress exposure shift linked to aperture adjustments. When the level of luminosity changes, the aperture transitions smoothly so that exposure stays constant, even when light conditions are changing rapidly.
• The lens features a zoom/focus control ring, which allows users to control zooming or focusing at a variable speed.
• The lens also comes with a zoom feature, that drives zooming at a constant pace2, allowing users of all levels of expertise to master video production with zooming.
• Combine with FUJIFILM X-H2S digital camera and FT-XH file transmitter accessory to remotely record video on a single or multiple cameras, online through a web browser.
Compact and lightweight design for advanced mobility
• The aspherical and ED elements were designed for both size and weight efficiency, weighing just over one pound (460g), measuring approximately 4.9 inches (123.5mm) in length and with a filter thread diameter of 2.8 inches (72mm).
• The use of the Inner Zoom system means the lens barrel has a plain, non- extending structure, resulting in a lightweight lens that zooms easily with no shift in weight distribution. XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR also uses a smooth power zoom mechanism to drive the zoom lens group linearly with a stepping motor. This results in high-quality zooming with minimal optical axis shift across all focal lengths, from wide angle to telephoto.
Dust and weather resistant structure capable of operating at low temperatures
• The lens barrel is weather-sealed at 13 locations to ensure dust and weather- resistance and to provide the ability to operate at temperatures down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10 degrees Celsius).
Pricing and Availability
FUJINON XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR is expected to be available in or around September 2022 at a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $899 USD and $1,150 CAD.