According to Nikon Rumors, Nikon has major announcements lined up for tonight.
Nikon will officially announce two lenses for the Z mount, a 24mm f/1.8 and a 24-200mm f/??-6.3.
Along with the new Z mount lenses, Nikon will finally announce their flagship D6 DSLR that they teased last year.
Nikon D6 Rumored Specifications:
- 2oMP sensor, not 24MP as previous reported (still not 100% sure)
- No IBIS (still not 100% sure)
- 14 fps in normal shutter mode (the D5 could do 12 fps)
- Improved/better AF system but probably with the same number of AF points
- The Nikon D6 AF improvements are crucial and comparable to the Sony A9II
- The D6 will have more features and customization options for various aspects of the camera and settings
- Companion applications will also see improvements but they will most likely launch after the camera release
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, silent shooting for example)
- 4K 60 video
- Improved dynamic range
- Advanced video features with RAW recording (not sure if external or internal)
- Longer manual exposure times (like in the Nikon D810A): from 1/8000 – 120 seconds (up from 30 seconds)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dots touchscreen
- Improved silent shooting modes
- Official announcement expected in mid-February (around February 12, 2020 ±1-2 days)
- Update: one stop improved high ISO