|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
It looks like Nikon is gearing up to make some kind of announcement about the coming D6, their flagship DSLR and the direct competitor to the EOS-1D X series.
The latest Nikon D6 specifications from Nikon Rumors:
- Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Better/improved AF than the current D5
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
- Excellent/improved silent shooting modes
Canon and Nikon tend to announce their flagship cameras around the same time. The Nikon D5 was announced on January 6, 2016, while the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II was announced February 1st, 2016.