It looks like Nikon is gearing up to make some kind of announcement about the coming D6, their flagship DSLR and the direct competitor to the EOS-1D X series.
The latest Nikon D6 specifications from Nikon Rumors:
- Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Better/improved AF than the current D5
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
- Excellent/improved silent shooting modes
Canon and Nikon tend to announce their flagship cameras around the same time. The Nikon D5 was announced on January 6, 2016, while the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II was announced February 1st, 2016.
IBIS is a nice addition!
Wave bye-bye to XQD. Presumably the D6 will support XQD, though. What’s nice is that like my 1D X (and unlike most other dual slot cameras including the 1D X II), the D6 will have two identical slots, which is really the way to go for dual-saving images.
And Canon will follow :love::love::love:.
Some on Youtube blab that Sony is way ahead, but for a complete dependable package, Nikon and Canon flagship bodies are like fortresses.
Might be a good idea to do a beat up test on you tube. I recall a guy on youtube used to do that. : )
CFExpress looks much more like XQD than CF/CFast...
And the incredible Canon pro support that is unique to Canon at their level.
Could always make the CFast cards as external storage drives for your computer lol. I've thought about doing that with mine.