I reported back in July that we would finally see the Canon EOS R3 officially announced in September 2021, after a false alarm of a June announcement.
There are now a few things lining up that seem to point to an announcement on or around September 14, 2021. I haven't yet confirmed this date, but it's becoming apparent that we don't have long to wait to finally see the EOS R3 in all of its glory.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 24mp backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
The R3 can’t be the only September announcement unless it has some very lofty video credentials.
I think Sony would wait to see how the R3 does in the market before they announce anything.
I can't see Nikon making any such announcements until long after the Z9 is well established.
I do expect the R3 to be pretty adept at video.
Didn't realize that it was an "ask the audience" question. If we knew which things were "lining up" and pointing to September 14th, we could probably be of more help.
I would be really interesting in learning what will be announced alongside the R3.
Yeah. Are we getting any new lenses? That 18-45 sounds interesting.
I'm sure many others will be happy, but not pour moi!
Craig, sorry, I know rumors are your business but I would like R3 rumors to end - soon!
Canon normally doesn't specify much about DR of the sensor.
But they state about the sensitivity of the AF. Like the EOS R5 AF Working Range EV -6 to 20.
And I suppose the R3 can handle darker situations.