|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Light Introduces the First Multi-Aperture Computational Camera
Core News Facts:
- Today, Light (www.light.co) launched the L16, a camera that combines advanced optics with powerful software, making beautiful photos more accessible than ever before.
- The L16 is the first multi-aperture computational camera that packs DSLR quality and capability into a device that fits in your pocket. The L16 is smaller, lighter, less expensive, and provides better image quality than any camera in its price class.
- Light’s innovative technology flattens and re-directs the optical components in the camera, allowing for a sleek and streamlined design.
- The L16 works by firing multiple cameras at multiple focal lengths simultaneously, then computationally fuses the images together to create a single high-quality image up to 52 megapixels.
- By shooting an image at multiple focal lengths, the L16 captures more data in every shot, allowing you to enjoy the moment, and make adjustments, like depth-of-field, later.
- With the L16, anyone can shoot, edit and share high-quality photos from a single device.
- Additionally, the L16 is a fraction of the weight and size of comparable DSLR cameras, making it radically portable and travel-friendly, while being as easy to use as a smartphone camera.
- Compared to professional-grade cameras that often require multiple lenses and add-ons, the L16 requires no additional equipment.
All images // Courtesy: Light (http://light.co/)
Key features of the L16 include:
- Integrated 35mm-150mm optical zoom
- DSLR-quality high-resolution images
- Exceptional low-light performance
- Low image noise
- Fine depth of field control
- Five-inch, easy-to-use touch-screen interface with on-device editing and social network sharing
- The L16 will retail for $1,699 and ship in late summer 2016. A limited quantity will be available for pre-order through November 6 at a special price of $1,299 at https://light.co/.
- Light was founded in 2013 by Dave Grannan, CEO, and Rajiv Laroia, CTO, whose backgrounds in mobile technology and passion for photography inspired them to reimagine photography.
- For more information on the Light L16 Camera launch, please visit the Light blog at https://spot.light.co/Light-L16-Camera-Launch